Chase of Bruce Banner: Failed Suicide Attempt

Banner, attempted to escape to Canada, but upon being discovered by border patrol officers, Banner transformed into his monstrous form and tore up the freeway, before making his way to Canada. Eventually making his way to South America, Banner helped a lost boy Miguel when they were attacked by Espinoza. After being brutally beaten down by the criminal, he then transformed and destroyed their entire terrorist hideout.

In 2006, Banner had tried to contact Betty Ross one last time, but the email was intercepted by the military and she never received it. During his run, Bruce traveled through the Dakotas and towards Idaho, where an encounter with some state troopers led to violence. Sometime later, the scientist was spotted via satellite recon photo in Canada and his transformed self was seen by locals by the U.S. border, who had mistaken him for a green Sasquatch.

Seeing no end to his run from Thaddeus Ross, Banner went up to the top of a mountain in Alaska to commit suicide. He fired a bullet into his mouth, only to transform and spit out the bullet. The enraged monster caused a quake followed by an avalanche and fell on the ice. He then walked along the bottom of the ocean until he had reached land. This incident was detected by satellite, the last sighting of Banner in five months.

Continuing to go on the run, Bruce visited a bar where he met Nick Fury, who had Peterson attack him, triggering a transformation and causing him to go on a rampage. Banner eventually returned to South America, where he would look for vascular plants that could inhibit radiation and therefore find the key to cure his condition. Banner also learned about a cellular biologist using the pseudonym "Mr. Blue" who could aid him.