Chase of Bruce Banner: Reunion with Betty Ross

In the wake of his failure to reclaim his research, Banner prepared to go on the run again, however, he was unaware that Betty Ross had just arrived to visit Stanley Lieber's pizzeria for a meal. As Bruce headed downstairs, he came into the dining room where Betty caught a glimpse of him.

This forced Banner to quickly run outside and hide behind the dumpster, desperate to not be seen by Betty, as he still believed that bringing her into his situation would put her in grave danger. Convinced about what she had seen, Betty came out searching for him. Bruce remained hidden as Leonard Samson followed to learn what Betty was looking for. Eventually, they both went back inside to question Stanley Lieber, allowing Banner to slip away into the night.

As it began to rain, Bruce made his way out of the city, attempting to flee. However, just as Bruce attempted to hitch a ride in the pouring rain, he heard a car pull up behind him and discovered that Dr. Ross had successfully tracked him down. The two former lovers then ran into each other's arms and embraced, with Betty then desperately telling Bruce not to leave. Bruce eventually relented and got in Betty's car as she drove him back to her home to rest so they could discuss everything that had happened since he had gone on the run.

Back at Betty's home, she had revealed to Bruce that she had extracted the data on the Bio-Tech Force Enhancement Project before the lab had been raided, which she secretly retained. Betty questioned why they could not go to Thaddeus Ross and explain everything, but Bruce told her that the general had made all his intentions clear. Betty gave Bruce a bed and agreed to take him to a bus station the following morning.