JONATHAN'S LOG: PLUNDERS OF THE MULRA PYRAMID

We received orders from Starfleet to divert from our scheduled course to rendezvous with the starship Tedford which was transporting someone who urgently requested our presence.

In less than an hour we rendezvoused with the Tedford, and this person who wanted to meet us teleported to our ship. Jennifer and I waited in the teleportation room for him to arrive, and were surprised to find that it was Harold McBride, an old friend of fathers. We greeted each other warmly, and he complemented on how much we've grown since he last saw us. However, Harold didn't call for us to get reacquainted, he had some bad news. His daughter, Peni McBride, was missing and she might have been kidnapped by pirates.

Jennifer and I knew Peni McBride since she was a toddler. We last heard she was starting her first year at the Galactic Federation Academy only a few months ago.

Harold told us more in the observation lounge. It turned out her disappearance wasn't the only thing he called us for. He received a letter from Peni along with a journal addressed to me. It happened to be Peni's study journal, which contained complex research and records on an ancient culture known as the Mulras.

I heard many stories about the Mulras from my dad. It was said to be a race of advanced beings with technology that was far ahead before there was civilisation on planet earth. The Federation had been searching for the Mulras for years. Dad almost died trying to find it himself.

Peni was studying on the Mulras culture as part of a school project, but soon became fixated on it, especially on an ancient relic called the Mulra Pyramid.

According to studies, the Mulra Pyramid was carved from the remains of a meteoroid which crash landed on the Mulras' home world. It was said to possess unusual properties that could disrupt electronic signals, rendering machines useless.

The Mulra kings took advantage of this meteoroid's properties to seize control of their kingdoms or cripple their enemies. They kept the meteoroid in a special pyramid box made of special metal that could cancel out its electronic disruption abilities.

Centuries later, the pyramid was stolen by a space pirate known as Zod the Great Plunder. He was the most vicious and greediest pirate to ever sail the stars. He went missing after fleeing from the Mulras and was never seen again.

Peni's journal was filled with complex history and background on the Mulra Pyramid, and through the most recent pages there was a record of Peni's progress, saying she might have found Captain Zob's resting place.

I realised that Peni didn't just disappear, she went looking for the Mulra Pyramid.

It all made sense. The pirates were after Peni's journal because they wanted to find the Mulra Pyramid themselves, and probably the rest of Zod's stolen treasures. It is assumed that she sent it home so it wouldn't fall into the hands of the pirates. She was counting on me getting it and using it to find her and the pyramid.

I promised Harold to find Peni and disembarked to rescue her.

Since Peni's letter was sent from the third planet in the Pura System, that was where we needed to go. Upon arriving, we teleported down to the place Peni was, which happened to be a market village.

We wondered for almost half an hour through the busy crowded markets till we made it to a rundown library that was listed in Peni's journal.

She had drawn a map leading through some nebula to an unknown asteroid field. It was a very well-drawn map, but there were no names listed. It was obvious to speculate that Peni came to this library to duplicate a map in her journal. But she never got to list the locations because the pirates might have caught up with her. So, we had to continue where she left off.