chapter 05

M A R G A U X +—

M A R G A U X +

"Do you have any movies downloaded on your laptop?"

"Do you like CSI?" RJ asked. We were cramped in my hospital bed looking for something better to do and he's been doing a good job at taking care of me for the past day, alternating with Veronica.

"Sounds boring."

"Well, uhh, anime?" I laughed.

"Don't tell me you still watch those."

"I still do and I'm proud of it." He grinned. The nurse suddenly came inside for my daily afternoon check up and medicine cart. She replaced my tube thing and also injected me with anti-biotics.

"Here you go Margaux, in perfect arrangement just for you." She said while tapping the medicine cart.

"Thank you Joan." And with that she left.

"So do you wanna watch CSI or anime?"

"None of the above, don't you have like any other movie or show that doesn't scream 'Roe-Jan is Gay' "

"What's with the air quotes?" He said as he clicked play on "Kimi No Nawa"

I actually enjoyed this anime movie, so I didn't complain.

"Aaah here come the waterworks," RJ laughed as he closed his laptop.

"Movie still hits me everytime," I sniffed.

I was very happy that Rj kept me company. I still wondered where Marcus would be and why I haven't received a single text from him. I checked my phone to see if he left a message. His birthday was in two days and me and my friends were actually planning to surprise him. I hope he isn't busy.

"Hey Rj, did you ask Marcus if he was busy on the 15th?"  Rj looked back at me as he placed his laptop inside his bag.

"That's his birthday right?"

"Yeah."

"Let me ask him later."

"Don't you have other plans today? You can leave already, I'll be discharged tomorrow morning anyway, I think you should rest." I told him as he sat down on the chair beside the hospital bed.

"I'll leave when visiting hours are over, I'll call Veronica to stay with you."

"Okay thank you."

"You never really told me about your stay in LA, how was it?" He asked.

"Oh you know, the usual, mom and dad fighting," I halfsmiled.

"Do your parents know that you're here right now?" He asked. I shook my head no.

"They don't really give a shit about me, Rj." He sighed, Rj didn't say anything to comfort me, but him staying is enough. Marcus doesn't know about my family problems because he doesn't really listen to me when I open up.