Worth the Wait

The field was littered with scrap metal and broken electronics.  A red, yellow and black dressed bald man with dark glasses and a rather unique red-haired mustache was sitting in a hovering vehicle shaped like a metallic pod as he observed the destruction before him before turning his attention to the people responsible for the destruction, Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends.

"D-Do...D-Do..." Dr Eggman sputtered as he twitched in annoyance.

Sonic grinned cockily as he waved his index finger.

"Now now Eggy.  There is a minor present after all." He said, referring to his little adopted brother Tails.

Shadow the Hedgehog, having caught on to the immature joke Sonic was implying, rolled his eyes in disgust "Very funny, not."

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO BUILD THOSE ROBOTS!!??" Dr Eggman finally exploded in rage.

Sonic shrugged "Hey, you built them!  You tell me!"

Dr Eggman growled "Why do you always keep ruining my fun!?"

"Because your definition of 'fun' involves turning the planet into a metallic wasteland and making everyone on it your slave!" Said Knuckles the Echidna.

"So?" Questioned Eggman, not seeing the problem with it.

"So long!" Said Sonic with a cheeky grin.

"Huh?   What do you see that's long?" Questioned Eggman.

Little did Eggman know that his question was about to be answered by a certain pink hedgehog wielding a large yellow and red hammer while being carried a little flying rabbit, charging at him from behind.

"SO LONG!" Shouted Amy as she wacked Eggman's pod with the force of an All-Star Baseball Hall of Famer.

"CURSE YOU HEGDEHOOOOOG!!!!!" Eggman yelled as he and his pod were flung into the distance.

"AND IT'S A GRAND SLAM!!!" Shouted Sonic with his trademark grin.

Sometime later, everyone was hard at work cleaning up the mess from the battle.  There was so much scrap that Shadow and Rouge had to contact GUN for assistance in the matter.  Eventually, with the help of everyone's hard work, the mess was cleaned up.

"Thank you for your help soldiers.  We can take it from here." Shadow said to the GUN troops.

"Very well, we will return to base.  The Commander will be expecting a full mission report." Said the squad leader.

"And he will get it." Said Shadow.

The squad leader nodded and ordered his troops to leave.

Tails sighed with relief "No telling how long this would have taken without GUN's help.  Thanks, you guys!" He said to Shadow and Rouge.

Shadow nodded while Rouge ruffled Tails' hair "Just doing our jobs little guy." Rouge said with a wink.

Knuckles groaned, feeling sore "I for one can't wait to get home, relax and put this day behind me!" He said rubbing his shoulder.

Rouge smirked "Of course!  Wouldn't want to keep your precious gem and precious sister waiting and worrying am I right?"

Knuckles growled "Tikal is not my sister!  She and I are not related in any way, shape or form!"

Rouge giggled "I know, I just like messing with you."

"To be fair Knuckles, you did think Tikal was related to you for a long time before she explained the truth." Said Tails.