The Dinner

As Wednesday and Lydia walked into the house, it was filled with the smell of garlic bread and tomato sauce

'It smells good too' Wednesday thought surprised.

Lydia smiled at her friend and let her arm go, and went over to the coat hanger and took her small jacket off, revealing her top that was quite accentuating to her physique

Wednesday's eyes practically bulged out of her head, and couldn't even think of an excuse if caught cuz she's got nothing. Just a whole new image of her new friend burned into her mind.

Suddenly Lydias stepmother walked in, "Hello Wednesday! I'm so glad you came back to have dinner with us" she said wanting to give her a hug, which Wednesday reluctantly accepted, she hated giving hugs to people besides her family and well, lydia but it was Lydias family so she had to make an exception.

"Yes it's nice to see you again mrs. Deetz, thanks for taking up on my offer" she said pulling away from the woman

Lydias dad was in the kitchen still prepping dinner, and the smell coming from it just kept getting better and better.

"Oh, no trouble at all sweetie. We're just so glad you could make it" she smiled and turned around

"Charles! Is it ready yet? We're getting restless over here!" Delia shouted at the kitchen door.

"Make way! Comin through! Comin in hot! He laughed walking out with the main dish and a sheet of buttered garlic bread and wearing a goofy looking chefs hat.

"Okay Charles, is there any other surprises in there before you come in here to forget?" Delia chided

Lydia just giggled and looked at Wednesday "she made him that hat"

Wednesday was about to reply but was interrupted by Delias outburst.

"Oh! Honey! Check on the desert in the oven I smell smoke!" Delia shouted after her husband who went back to the kitchen for some reason.

"Sorry baby I just had my hands full at the moment! He shouted back.

Delia grunted "you better not be bird watching again, you know you get distracted easily and lose focus! I told you, do it in your own free time, not family time!" She said annoyed and after hearing no answer from her husband she brushed it off and looked at the girls.

"Excuse me" she added and left the dining room and into the kitchen

Lydia walked over to the table and pulled a chair out and glanced over at Wednesday.

Wednesday just signed "I guess now was the time to return the gesture?" She asked chuckling

Lydia just smirked and bowed to Wednesday "your chair miss" she said politely like an old butler.

Wednesday stared at her just for a second longer and walked towards her seat at the right side next to Lydia of course.

"Thank you" Wednesday looked up at Lydia and smiled

Lydia sheepishly giggled "anytime" she said plopping down next to Wednesday.

After a moment, both her parents filed in the dinning room with a decent amount of napkins and two pitchers of ice water and what looks like soda in the other.

"Sorry to keep you waiting girls, I was trying to save the house from getting burned down" she said as she glanced at Lydias father.

"Well excuse me, I was just in the kitchen minding my own business when I saw this huge majestic looking bird just sitting there on an old tree stump in the backyard and had to take a look"