kamado tanjirou

yuri sagged as she walked, the heat glaring down at her as she followed poyo to her destination.

"how much... longer..?" yuri drawls our, squinting up at her crow that simply cawed in response. she scrunched her face and looked ahead of her, trying to distract herself with the spirit lines that presented themselves to her.

she notices a familiar yellow one with white lightning bolts. yuri perks up and smiles slightly.

"zenitsu-san was here! and it looks pretty thick so he must've been here a bit or so ago!" yuri claps her hands together and grins.

"i wonder if he remembers me? he seemed pretty nervous." yuri purses her lips. "am i that scary looking..?" she toys with the strands of her white hair and shakes her head.

yuri also notices a green line, one that had a checkered pattern on it. it was familiar but she couldn't quite put her hand on who it might've been. it was around the same thickness as zenitsus so yuri concludes that the two must've been here recently.

speeding up, yuri walks in search of a yellow tuff of hair. to her luck, a couple meters ahead she sees zenitsu being scolded by the boy that spilled the green checkered spirit line. yuri snorts.

"his haori looks the same as his spirit line." she chuckles but then stops. coming from the boy was the line of a demon, or more specifically, the box on his back contained a demon.

it was pink and thin, but there was no mistaking the black edges of a demons spirit line. it was unlike the other demon lines she had seen. this one was well rounded and softer, almost like a humans, had it not been for the black edges. she grips the handle of her sword and walks towards the two boys.

"y-you!" zenitsu hears yuri before he see her and points a finger at the girl. a blush blooms across his face and he completely forgets about the betrayal of his own teammate.

"i've been meaning to ask you this for so long! please marry me! please!" yuri stares with her jaw dropped at zenitsu and a hint of a blush takes over part of her cheeks.

"z-zenitsu-san? what are you saying?" yuri stutters out. the boy that stood scolding zenitsu earlier, which yuri now identified as one of the people at the final selection, steps in and grabs the back of zenitsu's collar.

"that's enough now! dont make people uncomfortable!" the scar faced boy has a strange look on his face, one yuri could only describe as disbelief and disgust mixed in one.

yuri stares silently, staring at the box on the scar faced boys back and feeling the stare, the boy looks at her as zenitsu sobs in the air.

"hello! my names kamado tanjirou." he greets her warmly with a smile that sends a jolt down yuri's spine. "what's your name?"

"utano yuri..." yuri gulps as she stares back and forth between the box and tanjirou. zenitsu gasps in horror.

"no! you idiot! i was supposed to ask for her name! first you drive off my potential wife and now you're stealing my new potential wife? what kind of man are you?!" zenitsu yells in disbelief at tanjirou and yuri bites back a look of shock and slight horror.

"sorry zenitsu-san... but i can't accept your proposal." yuri frowns and zenitsu freezes. "i do hope you find your future wife someday though!" yuri says cheerfully, patting zenitsus head and deciding to ignore the demon inside the box tanjirou was carrying for now and reminded herself to ask him about it in private.

"y-yuri-chan." zenitsu is dropped to the floor and he bows dramatically. "i am forever in your debt. please marry me. "

"eh? but i just-"