Chapter 14

Mitch POV

It is late at night and my mum has finally gone home, after checking that I was OK about a million times. I can hear all the noises of the hospital, which are quite relaxing actually, with beeps and squeaks and stuff. I have time to think. After Scott said those things to me yesterday, the horrible voice in my head has silenced.
He said that he LOVES me! Can you believe it! I thought that I was a loser that no one would ever love. I am so lucky.
I fall asleep with a smile on my face.

Scott POV

*The next day*

I rearrange my flowers that I have brought to make them look nicer. I walk into the room and look down at Mitch. He is still asleep, bless him, so I sit down and wait for him to wake up.
"You are so beautiful when you sleep. Well, you're beautiful all of the time but especially now. You have gone through so much and I love you. I will always love you and I will always try and make up to you what I did to you. I am a jerk."
I lean down and kiss him on the lips, and pull back in surprise when he kisses me back.
"You were awake? Damn, now I sound like a soppy teenage girl!"
He laughs at me and tries to talk.
"Sshhhhh sweetie, you will be able to talk soon, just be patient."
He sighs and looks down.
"I went to your house today."
He looks up at me with confusion written all over his face.
"Not in a creepy way I swear! I went to see if you mum needed help or anything. I got you some clothes.."
I motion to the bag I brought with me.
"...and I got your phone."
Mitch looks very excited at the mention of his prized possession. I laugh and hand it to him. He immediately goes on twitter and starts checking things out. Suddenly, his face goes white and his hand starts shaking.
"What's wrong?! Do you need a doctor?! Oh my god which button do I press to make them come here?! No, that one's for the TV..."
I panic trying to help him before something bad happens. Instead of fainting however, which I assumed he would do, he just breaks down and silently weeps.
I kneel down next to him.
"Shhh Mitchie it's ok. What's wrong? I can help."
He shakes his head and hands me his phone. He has a message from someone. It reads:
Think u can escape me that easily? Ha! Faggot you ain't gonna run away from me. I no where u live and I no where u are rn. I can kill u if I want 2. Just meet me nxt tues outside ur house and we will see who is better. If u tell any1 I will beat u till u r straight and I ain't scared to do it.
I stand up in silence. Who would say such a horrible thing to a boy who has just gone through what Mitch has?
I read the name of the person who sent it.
Alex.