Prelog

Hi. Im Ruby. I live in an orphanage. Ive been here since I was 1. My dad went to prison and my mother died during labor. Which meant she had to have a c-section.

Today is my 17th birthday. I have one more year here unless I get adopted. So now I sit here in my bunk with a bracelet my friends Reece and Angie made for me on my 13th. They got adopted on my 13th birthday by the same family.

I still have their number. We just dont talk that much......" Ruby get down here!" I heard Ms.Kay yell interupting my thoughts.

I ran downstairs to see her standing with a man. He had black hair that seemed to fade into blonde and was shaved on both side and a bit longer in the middle. He was wearing a led zeppelin shirt with a torn off vest over it and black skinny jeans. Once I got closer I realized his eyes were a deep blue color.

"Ahh Ruby finally you come down" Ms.Kay said. I just glared at her and shrugged. She then said. "Very well. This is Andrew he wants to adopt you." I looked at him as he stared at me smiling.

"Heya cutie you look like a rocker." He exclaimed to me. I just stared at him. Did he really want me? I mean ive had people want me then see me and say no. "Do you actually want me?" I said with pleading eyes. Yes I wanted him to like me but I didnt know.

"Yes of course. Your name's Ruby right?" He asked me. I nodded. "Andrew right? How old are you?" I replied. "I like to be called Andy. Im 23. And I got a band Black Veil Brides, ever heard of me?" He said. I shook my head as a response of no. And I couldnt believe he was only 6 years older than me.

"Well Ruby you better go get your stuff while I fill out ypur paperwork." I smiled and hugged him tightly as I ran off to pack.

I ran back down with my suitcase. When I got to the front Andy was waiting for me with a big smile. I walked out to his car and waited for him to unlock it.

The ride home was quiet so I broke the silence with. "Do you have any pets?" "Yea actually I have a cat named Crow." He replied. I smiled and nodded. "Are you married? Or have a girlfriend?" I asked. He frowned and shrugged. And the rest of the ride was silent.