Chapter 5, Village

"-Okay! So how long exactly will it take to get to wherever?" Lyla asked from slightly behind Steve as the two walked out into the early morning. The front door of Lyla's house was just then being obscured by leaves and she was already asking questions.

     "By myself, probably only three to four days, however with you dragging behind.." Steve hinted. Lyla scowled and sped walked so that she was in front of Steve and he took wider strides as well to match her. "At this pace it should only be three days, counting at least one night of sleep."

     "Wait, you don't plan on sleeping?!" Lyla snapped her head towards Steve immediately.

     "Why sleep when you have potions of night vision?" Steve.

     "Pfff! For rest of course! You are the one who had so much trouble waking up!" Lyla.

     "That is because I hadn't slept the night before. I usually only sleep every other night." Steve.

     "That's kina bad. Everybody needs their sleep." Lyla mumbled.

     "Heh, not me. At least not as much. I don't seem to get as tired as everyone else, for some reason." Steve stated. And the conversation wasn't continued. Cue the walking through a forest montage! Because that was literally the entire day! Neither of them had anything to say, so they both just stayed silent. But at least Lyla had learned some useful information about this new traveler who claimed to be so popular. He was very blunt. If she tripped he wouldn't ask if she was okay or even look back. Only a little "hurry up," to keep her going. And even though Lyla was used to walking a lot, the amount she was used to was no where near to the miles upon miles they trekked that day. At least for her the worst thing were some sore feet and tired legs. And by the end of the day, it started to get a little chilly.

     The sun was starting to set when a small gust of the first bit of cold wind Lyla had felt in months gently brushed against her skin. A small shiver in preparation made Lyla realize that they were indeed going north.

     "Um, are there any villages near by?" Lyla asked after a long day of silence.

     "Yeah, we just passed one. Why?" Steve turned slightly. Inside, he was a little surprised she hadn't given up already. Most people who insisted on going with him ended up trailing too far behind or strait up giving up after a majority of the day. She would probably be that rest of the percentage who gives up on the second day. He was sure of it.

     "Um, can we go back to it? I forgot to pack anything warm, and it is getting a little cold." Lyla answered. She wasn't cold enough to be getting goose bumps, but she was being smart about a warmer outfit.

     "Ugh! Fine! Just don't take forever shopping." Steve groaned.

     "That should be pretty easy. I am not the picky type." Lyla smiled, turning to lead the way back in the direction of where they just came from. After a little bit, Steve took the lead again since he was the one who actually knew where the village was. When the two arrived, they found it was right between the usual oak forest they had been walking through and a spruce forest with it's grass coated in dead leaves and thorny berry bushes.

     "The shop is just in town. Shouldn't be too hard to find it." Steve pointed into the village.

     "Why aren't you comming along?" Lyla asked him.

     "I tend to only make things worse when entering a populated area." Steve stated solidly.

     "Oh come on, you can't be that famous!" Lyla smiled, rolling her eyes.