Untitled Part 2

Back on the bus, the other kids seemed to just match their general moods. Karen was curled up to Janettes side, thumb firmly in her mouth. 

Luba was sat on Nadya's lap, she honestly looked stressed out and still pretty tired too. Amy was a bit worried about her though of course she trusted that Nadiya would know whatever was going on and would be looking after her and making her feel better. Nadiya seemed to catch her worried look and offered a tired smile back, reassuring her that the little girl had just had a bad night. She sometimes got nightmares as a result of what had happened to her as a child, so occasionally she did have bad nights though Amy knew they must've been more frequent recently as the last one was not really that long ago.

Amy felt a tug on her shirt and turned her attention back to Dianne, who was bunching up the material at the neckline of her shirt in her fists, clinging to her.

"Are you okay baby?" Amy asked, generally that kind of behaviour meant that she was scared or worried about something. Dianne nodded slightly.

"I'm 'kay. Jus worried about bubba" she said, looking over to Luba. Amy gently rubbed her back, hoping to soothe her as she looked to Nadiya for advice.

"She's be okay I promise. She had a bad night is all" Nadiya reassured Dianne, reaching a hand out over the table to stroke Dianne's hair "Thank you for caring though, that's very nice of you to want to look after your friend"

"Does she get bad dreams?" Dianne asked innocently.

"Yes, sometimes. They remind her of bad things that happened to her" Nadiya explained quietly, hoping not to distress the sleepy little one in her arms.

"Sometimes I get a dream about monsters, they're so yucky" Dianne said, and Nadiya couldn't help but smile at the pure innocence of that. Luba started to fuss in her lap so she gently soothed the girl, hoping she might sleep.

"Well we don't like dreams about yucky monsters do we?" Amy said, kissing the top of her head and laughing when Dianne shook her head rapidly.