Chapter Four

eeeeeeeeee my gaydar is ringing

"No! STOP! I LOVE HIM!"

Will's screaming from the previous night played on repeat over and over again in Mike's head. He was almost beginning to get dizzy.

Yes, he knew it was just a nightmare. A dream. Anything could happen in dreams, and those fake realities have a tendency to make up strange scenarios. Maybe it was a scenario where the two were dating, one that was most likely a disgusting thought to the other boy? Dreams, however, don't make up one thing.

Emotions.

Every emotion that takes place in a dream is an emotion that co-exists in the real world. The dream world may be a magical place that creates fake realities but there's a reason that when you wake up after flying around in the sky, you feel happy for a few moments before you remember what your life really is.

One thing that can be said in dreams that can't be said in real life is that it's all natural-everyone has an imagination. There are mental conditions that don't allow your brain fall into the mess that is having mental images or imagining things that aren't actually there, but everyone still has one. It only comes to play in dreams though. It comes into play best in nightmares. However, in real life, things are hidden underneath the shells of what the person acts to be.

Sometimes something so repulsive happens in a dream that you question the whole day how your mind is able to conjure up something that horrible, which is what was happening to William Byers, sitting two desks away from Michael Wheeler, contemplative over every event that had happened between the two in the past- whether or not he was showing something platonic or something more- something intimate between only them.

That dream- those screams- he wasn't lying. But it was only after that encounter with the Mind Flayer that he realized these feelings weren't about to disappear. They were forever, or at least until his heart decides to stop beating. He more than just liked his best friend, but was too afraid to even come to terms with it inside his head. He wishes he could reinvent love, and instead make it something he couldn't feel. He promised himself he'll never fall in love.

He was wrong. He broke the promise to himself, because it happened. It took all of his control not to cling onto Mike all day, especially after he noticed how weird the boy was behaving. So suddenly awkward. Will hoped he was wrong. Will hoped Mike hadn't heard the things he was screaming in his dream. But, of course, he was unlucky. The one person he'd never let hear those things heard them.

Then, of course, they had to spend extra time together because of this stupid class. The one they were in currently, where Mr Thomas was paying no attention to the two boys who were spacing out, Mike looking out the window while Will looked at his side profile, how his jawline curves, how the barely visible freckles on his face stood out in certain lighting. He noticed everything. Well, maybe except for one thing-

"William!" The teacher called, slapping his ruler on the board behind him. "Please pay attention in my class and stop with the damn heart-eyes! That goes for you too, Wheeler." Mike snapped out of his trance as well. "Whadidoo?" He mumbled groggily, wiping his eyes, obviously still tired. Mr Thomas sighed and continued his lecture. Will's face was still a rosy colour. Are you kidding me? I was being that damn obvious?

After a half hour later, the bell for the last period of the day rang. Everyone hastily grabbed their bags and tossed them over their shoulders, pushing their way out the door. The teacher exited out of another door in the back of the room near Mike's desk, not before tapping it twice lightly to give the boy some sort of a wake-up call. Will crossed his arms on his desk and put the side of his head in between his elbows, looking at Mike. "You okay?" He asked lightly. Mike nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. We need to get to my house after Math and start this damn project." He stood up and walked quickly towards the door, but Will stopped him.