5. Where the Moon Rise

At the Royal Palace.

My steps are fast enough as I walk towards the King's chamber. The feast for Prince Archen's birthday was drew to an early end because of what happened. Everyone was ordered to go back to their duties and some are sent home. I know how mad the King is as of now and I do not care of what he is currently dealing with. His sly act earlier was unacceptable and I couldn't blame my brother for walking out on his own birthday feast.

 As I arrive at the companionway, Lady Toey appears as she stepped out from inside the King's chamber. I stopped momentarily, watching the lady makes her way down from the staircase. 

"Your Highness," Lady Toey bows her head down after she recognized me. 

I look at her suspiciously then I darted my eyes back at the chamber. Lady Toey is about to proceed on her way when I stopped her by grabbing her arm.

"If there's any modesty and fortitude left on you as a noblewoman, you will not let this foolish plan of my Father to happen," I say to her lowly - enough for her to hear every single word I am about to say. "I can tell just simply looking at you that you do not have any romantic feelings towards my brother, so why engaged on this act?" I cannot help not to feel a slight resentment on her. "You are the only heir of the Vice Premier so it makes the case more benefitial on you. Why? To save your bloodline?"

"This is more than being modest and saving our bloodline, Your Highness." Lady Toey responds. She remains composed and calm as she talks to me. "With all due respect, you don't know anything so bear in mind that you are meddling with a business that you do not know about." 

"We are talking about my brother and I am telling you, I will do everything to make him safe. Whatever it takes." I narrow my eyes at her, making sure she gets what I meant. "He cannot marry someone that he doesn't even know. Hence, someone he just met a few seconds." I tell her before letting go of her arm.

Lady Toey didn't give her response. She simply nodded her head and walks away. I take a deep breath afterwards, following the sight of her. Then I make my way at the front door of the King's chamber, two royal guards are on posts on the main door. 

"I'm here to talk with the Majesty," I informed the royal guards. 

"His Majesty ordered that no one should enter the-"

I didn't let myself waste the time listening to what the guard is going to say as I make my way at the door, opening it all by myself. I walk straight inside, ignoring the guard and the eunuch. I see my Father facing his back into me. I bow my head to him afterwards. 

"I just ordered that I am not accepting any audience for tonight-"

"Please withdraw your decision in forcing Prince Archen to marry the Vice Premier's daughter." I suddenly speak out. 

"How dare you to interrupt me!?" the King yelled at me, turning hastily to me, making me flinch at my position. "You don't have any right to tell me what should I do or question my orders!" I look down into the ground, flustered by the King's anger. "It is Prince Archen's duty to marry a noble woman and to get married! If he already adores someone, he needs to forget her. He will be a King soon, he should not let his personal feelings clouds his judgement." 

"He doesn't even wanted to be the King of this nation!" I respond quickly.

 "Do not waste my time, Prince Benjamin... go back to your chamber and stop pestering me!" The King ignored what I said.

"You're cruel." I told him. I stared at him straight in the eyes. I can see the distress painted on my Father's face. "I can understand your attitute towards me because I've never been your favorite son. You didn't even recognized me like your own son, even acknowledged my presence here in the Royal Palace but ruining my brother's future for your own political sake? When will you going to realize that you are already out of the line? Just for once, be a father for us. Not a king but a father.