3. Always on Your Mind

Always on Your Mind

11 YEARS LATER.

I look fixedly at the brown bracelet on my hand. I caress its features, its keen edges. Years has passed and I lament for the fact that I was robbed the chance of meeting the boy again. 

All my life, I've never forgotten him. There are no single days where I cannot stop thinking about him and imagining if ever - if we were able to meet each other on that place. 

Everything has changed but not the way I love him. 

"Prince Archen, you've been staring at that bracelet for an hour." my brother, Prince Benjamin commented me, his eyes are fix on the thick book he is currently reading. He put down the book and looks at me fixatedly. "Your birthday is tomorrow so I'm sure how excited you are to get out of this palace and meet him finally." 

I smile because of what he had said. I return the bracelet on the small box and put it inside of my clothing. "I don't know, things has changed and I am not sure if he still remembers me. We were 10 years old that time... I hope he still remembers me the way I long for him." I said sincerely. The image of the boy occurs on the back of my head.

"I'm sure he can still remember you," Prince Benjamin says. "And have your forgotten what mother said? If you two are meant together, no matter how long you two parted ways, you will still end up together. No matter what happen." 

"Yes yes, that's how destiny works. I remember." I nodded my head at my brother, remembering how our mother lectured us about how destiny works. I look at my brother, who is casually staring at me - his hand on his chin. I raised my eyebrow at him. "I wish mother is still here..." 

"Me too, brother." he take a sigh, finally standing up. I watch him as he walk around the study chamber. "Have you heard what The King has prepared for your 21st birthday?" he ask me suddenly. I roll my eyes in annoyance. Prince Benjamin laughs out loud after my facial expression. "You are his best son, it is natural for him to prepare such grand feast for you." 

"I never wished to be his best son." I tell him. "He can have grand feast on my every birthday but  my hate towards him and the throne will never change. Even if I become the King of this nation, it will never change. So there's no way you should be jealous of me, Prince Benjamin and you should be helping me in ways for you to become the King." 

"Come on, you know I will never be the King." he replies nonchalantly. "He will not allow any single chance. You know Father, if wants something to happen, he will do everything to make it happen - come  hell or high water." 

"I really do despise your negativity, Prince Benjamin." I click my tongue, walking towards him. I drape my arm around his shoulder, pulling him beside me. "You know very well that even I become The King or not, you will always be the perfect King for me. You've always been there for me and I will make sure that you will get what you truly deserve, my brother." I say to him, wiggling my eyebrows. 

He looks at me suspiciously and suddenly run his hand over my hair, further disheveling it. 

"Enough with your drama, let's just see how they prepare everything for your birthday." He tells me before dragging me out with him outside the chamber.

Meanwhile, in the outskirts of the Royal Palace.

My footsteps are quick as I run as fast as I could. It's Saturday so there are lots of people and merchants here in the marketplace. I take a swift turn at the corner and people are on my way - their face painted with confusioin and surprise as I run through them.