Part 2 Pawns or kings?

2019

Armani was now fifteen, and about to do her first-and last-bombing. She was really proud. Not many received this honour. That's what she believed it was. An honour. She started to listen to the 'hate talk' she would get so as to motivate them to do what they were about to do. This bunch were about to go to the ten largest airports of western civilisation and set of a series of bombs.

"Millions of people hold a prejudice, a hatred of us. They are prepared to ruin us so as to achieve their aims. You already know, due to what is happening in Syria. They will kill our people so that their 'kind' can rule." He spat out the words. And as Armani watched, she was filled with a hatred for them, those bastards. They had ruined her life. With their modern technology and bombing techniques, they had helped the regime to destroy the population. ISIS would act, they would win, and they would end the Western regime. They would save us all from the problems caused by those others.

So, she took a boat. And a plane. Until, she arrived in Tokyo. She left the private plane and went towards the main terminal. She would place a series of small bombs and then press the detonator. It would blow up the bombs on her belt, the ones around the airport, her and many others.

She entered and started placing the bombs. No one noticed her. She had placed the final bomb, when she saw a little girl and her young mother, who looked a year or two older than her. The mother was European and crying. So, Armani whispered, "Run!" and pressed the detonator. Nothing happened. She pressed it again. By now, the mother and child had run far, and the mother was on her phone. She turned a corner and disappeared.

Armani was about to press the detonator when armed guards appeared and pointed their guns towards her. She pressed the detonator a third time, but it didn't work. They came towards her; and shot from point blanc range.

48 hours later

"Where am I?"

"Don't worry, you're safe. You were lucky to survive."

As Armani looked up, she saw a woman on a chair, sitting beside her. She was on a bed, and as she tried to sit up, she suddenly felt faint. The woman was white, and obviously Western. Armani knew she should hate her, but she also knew this woman had saved her life, just like she had tried to save the lives of that mother and daughter. And if that woman had human values, then she would too.

Later on, that day, when Armani had recovered almost fully, she started to talk to the young woman who had saved her life. Her name was Tamara Fields, and she was from the FBI. There had been a series of attempted bombings around the world and Tamara had a sneaking suspicion that it hadn't been coincidence. She was also pretty sure that Armani was one of the bombers that hadn't been successful. And as the clever woman that she was, she had noticed that all the bombings had been done in major cities in the 'Western world' as she knew terrorists called it.

She had good contacts, and one of them had told her that only three of the bombers had survived. The rest had either been killed by guards or had successfully detonated their bombs. Five of the bombings had worked, so seven people died. The dead were mainly found in New York, Mexico City and LA. The other two areas hadn't suffered as much. Of the three bombers that hadn't died, one had run away, one hadn't planted the bombs and one was in a critical condition. Armani was the last one.

A search was started to find the missing bomber, but in the meantime, the other two were questioned. The one who hadn't detonated the bombs was questioned first, as Armani hadn't fully recovered. He was sixteen, and a recent recruit, so he didn't know much. He had been given the 'hate talk' like everyone else yet had only known that he had to place the bombs and press the button. Somehow, he couldn't stomach it and didn't do the job.