Chapter 7: A slight flashback

A/N: Alright due to the title of this chapter you probably know what's  gonna happen, sssoooooo be prepared.

Anyways lets get on with it!

============================================================================

"Okay, just a little further and...Got ya." Ethan said as he grabbed the unconscious elf from the well water. "OKAY PULL ME UP PLEASE!"

Then the jeep that had the rope attached to it then moved slowly forward and pulled out Ethan and the elf girl. Soon Ethan was pulled from the well as was the elf and medics soon came to the elf girls aid.

"Is she alright?" Manfred asked and then was amazed at the elf's beauty. 'Wow she's pretty.'

Ethan then placed his fingers on the girls neck and felt a pulse.

"Yeah she is still alive but, she will need medical attention." Ethan replied. "We need to head back to Coda village maybe they can help her there."

"Good idea." Nichols added as he walked up to the 2. "But in her current condition we better hurry."

"Better not waste time then." Ethan said. "EVERYONE MOUNT UP! WERE MOVING OUT!"

The elf girl was put in the back of Ethan's jeep and a couple of US Army Medics went to aid her condition. Unfortunately they had to cut the cloths off the elf as they were wet and could make her catch a cold if they were left on her. Of course they then covered her with a blanket to keep her warm. 

"Alright, that should keep her stable for now." One of the Medics said. "She'll need further aid later."  

In the meantime Ethan slipped off his wet socks and boots and then threw on dry ones to avoid getting blisters. 

"Well I hope she will stay stable until we can get her to a doctor." Ethan sighed. "I don't want anyone else to die here."

Time skip to the village...

The villagers in coda village were just going about there business just like any other normal day when all of a sudden the ground started to shake a little. Then the ground shook more and more and soon one of the villages spotted the source of where the shaking was coming from. The rest of the villagers looked and saw the strange military men and their machines coming in some what of a rush. Soon the convoy stopped in the middle of the village and soon the village elder came out and saw Ethan getting out of his jeep and approached him. 

"(What are you doing back here man in green?)" The village elder asked. "(I thought you got what you asked for.)"

"(We came back here to warn you about a fire dragon.)" Ethan explained. "(It burned down the elf village that you described and only found 1 survivor.)" 

"(Only, one survivor? That's terrible.)" The village elder said but then widen his eyes at realization of what Ethan said. "(WAIT, a flame dragon?!)" 

"(Yes, I did mention a flame dragon.)" Ethan said. "(Do think by any chance you can help us with the elf girl?)" 

"(I'm afraid not as we lack the resources to tend to her kind here.)" The village elder replied. "(Also if there is a flame dragon near by we need to evacuate now.)"

"(Now?)" Ethan questioned.

"(Yes, because once a flame dragon consumes human or elf flesh it will be hungry for more.)" The village elder explained. "(Could you possibly help us with evacuating from here?)"

Ethan was taken back at what the elder had asked him. He looked at the ground at first and then back to the rest of the recon team and then remembered a similar situation back during the second world war.