『Chapter Two』

It wasn't long before Zachary was pulling into the student parking lot of Permentris High School. Taking his keys out of the engine he unbuckled his seatbelt and twisted his body to face Allie in the backseat. "So, is my Allie girl ready for her first day of high school," Zachary asked, a smile spreading on his face as he watched the grinning baby.

Zachary turned back around and let out a loud sigh trying to mentally prepare himself for today. He grabbed his keys and his phone from out the cup holder then reached out, opening the door and getting out. Slamming the door closed Zachary walked around the front of the car to the passenger side.

He first stopped at the backdoor where Allie was situated. Opening the door he was met with his baby girl giving him a wide gummy smile. Noticing her daddy she dropped her toy and began reaching her hands out, wanting him to pick her up.

Zachary laughed as Allie began letting out short whines no longer wanting to be confined in the car seat. He pocketed his keys and phones and reached out to unbuckle the baby.

With Allie now situated in his arms he closed the back door and headed to the passenger seat, opening the door he retrieved both of their bags, putting Allie's on his right shoulder.

Fishing for his keys in his pocket he got them back out, clicking the lock button on the remote. Returning them back to his pocket he began making his way to the entrance of the school. As he was reaching closer he suddenly heard his name being called. He looked back and saw twins walking behind him.

He stopped to let them catch up. When they reached him Lucas took Allie's diaper bag as Jacob just stood next to Zachary playing with Allie's tiny hand.

When the boys entered they noticed the halls were empty. They walked around a bit until they found the office. Entering the office they were met with a soft-faced lady sitting at the front desk, when she noticed them a huge smile formed on her face.

You must be the Bradys" she says looking at them. They nod in agreement before she speaks again, "Please have a seat while I get you boy's situated." Nodding their heads again they sit down in chairs by the door. Zachary maneuvers Allie comfortably in his lap. She leans her head against his chest and begins fiddling with his fingers.

She then walks over to another desk and grabs some papers off them and quickly reads them over before handing one to each of the teens. Zachary looks at the piece of paper in hand realizing it's his class schedule. Suddenly the office doors open revealing a pretty girl with light brown skin and light brown curly hair wrapped up in a loose bun.

She's wearing a v-neck and dark blue ripped skinny jeans with a black and green flannel wrapped around her waist. She looks around the office before her eyes land on Zachary's and she smiles.

She makes her way over to Zachary and sticks out her hand for him to shake. Shaking her hand she begins to speak. "Hello my name is Ivy West, and I'm going to be helping you around the school and with your daughter," she says ending it with yet another bright smile.

"Hello I'm Zachary Brady, but you can call me Zach and this little angel here is Allie," Zach says as Ivy starts cooing over Allie.

"Well, I think it's about time we head to class now" Ivy suddenly speaks up. Zach takes Allie's diaper bag from Lucas and waves the twins goodbye as he walks out the office with her in his arms as she lays her head on his shoulder sucking on her tiny thumb.

As they're walking through the vacant hallway to his first class Ivy starts telling Zach about the school. When she suddenly stops and turns to face him. "I don't mean to pry, but how are you able to bring her to school with you? Couldn't you just hire a babysitter or take her to daycare?" Ivy asks curiously.

"Well I guess I could have, but I told my father that I wouldn't finish school as I didn't want to be away from Allie. So he tried hard to convince the school to let me keep her with me, and told them that she wouldn't be a distraction," Zachary replied. Ivy just hummed in response before turning back around and walking again.

They eventually stop outside a door covered in pictures of historical events. Ivy opens the classroom door stepping aside to let me Zach in first, he walks in thanking her. When he's in the class everyone goes quiet and looks at him and Allie. 

Zach just stood there at the front of the classroom, awkwardly, not knowing what to do. Suddenly the teacher begins speaking, "This class is our new students Zachary and his daughter Allie." The teacher says as a few students erupt into whispers.

"You can sit down dear, next to Ivy," the teacher says to Zach as he thanks her. He follows as Ivy leads the way, finding an empty seat next to her he sets their bags down and sets Allie on his lap so she is more comfortable. He gives Allie her teething ring from the diaper bag and pulls out a brand new notebook as the teacher starts teaching again.

Once they settled more into the classroom, Zachary found himself immersed in the new environment. Ivy, the helpful student, was kind enough to guide him through the daily routines and the rest of his class schedule. With Allie in his lap, Zachary listened intently to the teacher's lecture, taking notes diligently while making sure his daughter was thoroughly entertained

As the class continued, he couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching him. Raising his eyes from his notes, Zachary's gaze met a pair of striking dark blue eyes fixed on him. The owner of those eyes was rather handsome. However, what caught Zachary off guard was the smile on his face, almost like a smirk, it sent a slight shiver down Zach's spine.

Unsure of how to react to the guy's attention, Zachary decided to focus on the lecture, though the occasional glance in the mystery dude's direction still left him intrigued. It wasn't long before the class came to an end, and the bell rang, signaling a short break before the start of the next class.