Chapter Four

The next few days go by without Seonghwa and San seeing each other in their dreams just like last time, but when a week passes, they begin to worry.

Seonghwa has been having normal dreams about San now, feeling sad every time he wakes up and knowing it wasn't the real him again. He just wants to be with him again.

Seonghwa's friends have been worried about him for the past week, knowing something is off. Every time the try to ask him, Seonghwa quickly pushes it away and changes the subject. He can't let his friends know about this, they'll think he's crazy for sure.

In Seonghwa's normal dreams he's been having and unable to control, he's able to touch San though. Not the real San, but it still makes him happy to see him and be able to dream of being with him.

At the end of the dreams, San always disappears and Seonghwa feels this overwhelming amount of dread every time he wakes up. He keeps waking up in a sweat, feeling scared and worried.

Is San alright? He can't even check on him to see if he's okay... What are these dreams?

San has been drawing a ton of sketches of Seonghwa in his journals, missing him in the absent days. After a week passed, San begins to theorize that maybe if they keep touching more and more, then the length of time they disappear grows. Or maybe the more intimate the touch makes the time away increase? He writes all of his thinking in his journal. He will have to tell Seonghwa about his theories once they meet again.

San can't keep his mind off of Seonghwa and the dreams even while he's in class, having fallen asleep way too many times during the lecture this week. San's new friends also begin to worry about him. He's never slept in class before, what could be keeping him awake all night? Studying? They can't be sure, but they hope he will be okay again soon.

San thinks about his return date to Korea and he can't help but smile. He's going to be able to meet Seonghwa in real life. They will be able to really kiss each other and not have to worry about disappearing. San smiles down at one of the sketches of Seonghwa he's drawn. How much longer do they have to be apart?

It's been twelve days since they've been in each other's dreams, but that night they appear again.

Seonghwa wakes up in a familiar place, sitting up quickly and looking beside him. San is lying there next to him, still asleep, but just seeing him be there is enough to cause Seonghwa's eyes to water. He's overwhelmed with emotion.

"You're back! You're really back," Seonghwa whispers to himself, wanting to caress his soft skin, but he restrains himself. He should be waking up soon, Seonghwa thinks.

A few minutes later, San also wakes up in a familiar setting. He smiles as he opens his eyes to find Seonghwa looking down at him with his gorgeous warm brown eyes that make his heart melt.

"You've finally come back to me," San says, also about to try and touch him, but he pauses. He can't truly touch him... What can he do so that they can be able to? San has been thinking about the possibilities for days, and he came upon an idea that he thinks just might work.