Chapter 2

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I slam my hand down onto my phone and lift it up to see what time it is. 3 flipping o'clock! Ugh, if I didn't want this so bad I wouldn't even bother getting up this early. I slowly lifted the comforter off of me and swung my legs over the side of the bed. I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand and looked over to see Niall not making any signs of being awake, let alone being alive. I got up and stumbled over to his bed, my eyes still thick with sleep. I jumped on top of him, stretching myself out.

"Wake up! Wake up, wake up, WAKE UP!" I yelled in a sing-song voice. He groaned and tried to push me off of him. "Are you going to get up or go back to sleep?" I ask, knowing him like the back of my hand. "I'll get up I promise just get off of me! You're crushing me!" He complains. "Oh, hush up I'm not that fat." I huff, rolling myself off of Niall and onto the floor. I hop back up, landing on the balls of my feet and I go down stairs after making sure Niall is out of bed. Ethan and Maddie are asleep on our couches downstairs; Ethan is sleeping with his arm over his face. There was just enough space beside him that I squeezed in and lay next to him. The movement caused him to wake up, and he slowly peeked an eye out looking at me under his arm. I smiled widely, "You're really warm." I commented as I snuggled into him. He put his arm around my stomach pulling me more so that my head was on his chest. "What time is it?" He croaks, squinting when he removes his arm from his eyes. I lifted up three fingers to him, me being way too lazy to actually say it. As we lay here, his grip on me is comforting and warm, and I slowly start to drift back to sleep.

Not long after we fell asleep again, Maddie and big mouth Niall entered the room. "Maybe your right, Maddie." Niall says with his voice loud enough to arouse us from sleep. Before I open my eyes I hear Maddie whisper back "They're so cute!" I turn my face to be completely immersed in Ethan's white t-shirt that faintly smells of his cologne. "Shut up!" My groan was muffled by his shirt. I lift my head up just enough to see that Maddie is on Niall's back, knowing her she probably said that she was too tired to walk and made him give her a piggy back ride. Ethan and I slowly got up and made our way upstairs, following behind Maddie and Niall. I walked close enough with Ethan to let him drape his arm over my shoulder and pull me closer. I instinctively locked my fingers with his on my shoulder and shrugged off the feeling I always got. Maddie was incessant when it came to Ethan and me. She is always asking me when we are going to admit that we like each other. Apparently we act like a "couple" and so therefore she thinks that we like each other. We just shrug it off because it would be too weird, we are too close of friends to get to together. Sure I get small butterflies in my stomach when we are touching in some way, but that's normal right?

Ethan and Niall changed relatively fast considering they're guys and don't really care what they look like. Maddie took more time to get ready than I did which is very usual. She is a perfectionist when it comes to looking good and especially smelling good. Her hair always has to be done and be perfect, even before bed. She also has at least 15 different perfumes that she rotates around regularly. For today she puts on a pair of dark skinny jeans, a cropped top that's say "Be-you-tiful" on it and some off brand Toms. She applies some black eye liner and a dark brown shade of eye shadow. She straightens her hair and then clips her bangs back with a bobby pin.

I have a hard time deciding what to wear and how to do my hair so Maddie helps out. We end up deciding on a white tank top with a big cheetah print cross on the front, black jeans, a black leather jacket along with a necklace, and cheetah print bracelet. My shoes are also cheetah print and they are my favorite kind of shoes; high tops (I don't understand why I have so much cheetah). Maddie pulled my dark brown hair into a messy bun on the back of my neck, with a small and simple braid from the crown of my head to the bun itself. I applied my usual amount of makeup which is very light and natural looking.