Prologue : Life of Maxon

Henry Maxon Gazer

When I was a kid, I used to have everything I like and desire. There is one time when we go to the mall and saw a dinosaur stuffed animal, I can't take my eyes away from it. I want it to the point that I would cry for it, even we're at the mall with crowded people.

Luckily, my family buys me everything that I asked for. I grew up in a family where the financial problem is not a problem.

I want it, I got it.

I remember when I was 3, I started to ask my mom what are these tattooed leaves in my legs. As a 3-year-old kid, I can't fully understand what are these things for.

When I reached 10, that's when my grandpa told me about the stars.

The stars can fulfill someone's wish, someone who's special and more like a star who shines bright. Back then I thought it was only part of my grandpa's imagination and fairytales but when I reached 18, they started to tell me everything about the leaves, the stars, the wishes, and about me.

“You are the fourth grandson of the fourth grandson of the fourth son of the fourth generation in the race of the Gazers”

What the fuck is you're talking about?

I was shocked and I don't know how to react or accept who is the real me. All I could do was to stop them from telling me about stars and everything about it.

Until I met someone, a girl with no name, no identity, no place, a total nothing. She was there when I cast my first wish which consumed 1 year of my life.

1 year of my life was the replacement for every single wish.

The leaves tattooed on my legs symbolizes my life count, they disappear when I make a wish.

The more I wish for the star, the shorter life I get.

With that woman named America by me, I discovered everything about my ability. Little by little, I am starting to want her, like my dinosaur stuffed animal when I was I kid, I would cry just for me to have her.

But this time, even a wish from the star can't fulfill my wish.

I want America more than anything. I will do everything for her happiness even if I can't have her.

I, Maxon Gazer would spend the rest of my life wishing and wishing for America's safety and happiness even if she found that happiness in someone else.

[Anam Cara: Prologue]
DeiArcanine