Chapter 6

A/N: For the people who have read my story before I changed something in Chapter 3, please go re-read that! Thank you!

February 16, 2023

I wake up from a nap and grab my phone. 5:30. Shit, I was supposed to see Victoria for her birthday. Shit, that also means Harley missed it too. The group hasn't talked since Anya died. I really only kept in touch with Harley, Ve, and Conner. I think we've all been slowly forgetting Anya. I can't remember what she looked like, or how she sounded. I can't even remember her favorite thing to do, that didn't include reading or writing, since she died. Anna's Instagram was deleted and we all lost her voice messages. We can't find any photos of her. Even her Tik Tok is gone. We know that her phone wasn't erased, that would've killed her mom.

Ring ring

I look at my phone. It's Ve. Shit. If she's calling because someone told her what I did today. I'm gonna be in so much trouble.

"Hello?"

"Michael! Why the hell did you get suspended?!"

" Um......... Someone punched me???? "

"Why do you sound so unsure?"

"Fine. They did a Throwback Thursday to 4 years ago and a picture of Anya laughing popped up. Someone yelled out that Anya deserved to die and that the school was so much better without her. Me and Keira went up to them and punched him. It was Cole. When Makalie realized it was Cole she kicked him in the balls. Two other girls went up to Cole and ratted him out to the entire school about a few things. Cole got expelled and me and the others got suspended for two weeks. The two girls weren't suspended though. But um yea...."

"I can forgive you this time. But try not to get suspended again." At this she hangs up. I turn off my phone and decide to make some ramen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finish my ramen and grab Anya's journal and begin reading.

Dear Diary,
It's my birthday aka the day of my surgery. I'm gonna miss my friends. Especially the ones who helped me survive. Michael helped me so much this year, Smith kept me sane every time he came over, and for Conner who never really listened to what I said but had allowed me to vent. I dont really need people to listen or help, but I needed a place to rant. Anyway I'm in the hospital and I'm waiting for them to come back with my test results. They will also need to get my room setup. They will start on my surgery at 5 and it's 2 right now so I'm bored. I have three hours of doing nothing so Imma upload a video of me dancing and I'll tell my followers about my condition. And since today is my last day Imma tell them who caused my problem. I'll be back!

~ 2:30

Okay I'm back. I'm in the bed and I have 20 minutes until the surgery. I spent a while hour coughing up blood and testing up my lungs. I'm just not gonna live past today. Even if they were to save me from the disease, my lungs would her too torn up and so would my throat. I could barely tell everyone my problem. It had hit so fucking much. So after the surgery I won't be able to talk. And that's only if I survive and my lungs can be saved. If so I'm probably going to just kill myself. I hope my friends keep in touch with each other. I hope they continue being nice to each other. I want them to get along even if I'm not there to keep them in check.  Oh shit, I got to go. Goodbye guys. I'm gonna miss yall!

~ Anya February 11, 2020

That was her last entry. Anya was so ready for death. She greeted death as if they had been talking for years. I think Anya would be disappointed in us. We lost each other after she died. Anya wanted us to stay together. We lost touch and stopped talking to each other. We couldn't keep each other sane. One day we're gonna die and we'll see Anya before she becomes reincarnated. She wanted to wait for us just in case we do something stupid to get us killed. I turned on the TV and put on a few of Anya's favorite movies and get ready to go to sleep.