Chapter 7

February 17, 2023

Tonight is my last night with Anya's journal. My last night with something of Anya's. Victoria was given her crystals when she came over for Anya's birthday. I guess it's time for me to read Anya's letter to me.

Dear Michael,
If you're reading this then it means I'm dead. Either I killed myself of the disease killed me. Either way, hi again. Hopefully you remembered me still after I died. I hope you and Harley are still together and you and the others are still talking. How have you been since I died? Did Autumn finally end up with her crush? Did Kiki ever decide on someone to date? Did Harley and Patience get married? Did Yasmin and up with anyone? How are the Sweet Potatoes doing? Did you make new friends? Did you guys forget about me? I hope everyone is happy and doing well, even if they forgot me. Does anyone wish I died sooner or say that I deserved it? That would be been so fun if someone said that to my face. Hey, Conner will never read this so can you tell him about the disease and how I got it. Thank you. By the way, I told mom to call the middle school and to ask them to save my locker and to let you, Yasmin, Autumn, and Harley decorate my locker. In my locker you will find my phone. The password to my locker is 29-35-15 and the password to my phone is 2444666668888888000000000 . I'm there you will find all of my favorite videos, songs, books and fanfics. You will also find videos of us hanging out and of me being weird. Anyway thanks for always being there.

Love,
                Anya

At those words I couldn't keep my tears in. I cried for Anya, I cried for the fact that we didn't keep in touch, I cried because many people forgot her. I cried because she never got to write a book and become famous, she never fell in love. She never even got to see her friends find someone. I know she would've been jealous that we had someone and she didn't but at least her friends would be happy. She never even got to go to Homecoming. She died two days before they threw the party. I just sat there and cried. When I finally regained my self I saw Anya had added a PS.

P.S. Get the hang back together and decorate my locker.
P.P.S. hand the book off to Autumn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been two weeks since I read where Anya told me to hand the book off to Autumn. I haven't done it yet because Autumn's mom hates me and I haven't been allowed to go to school. Today was the first day I was allowed to go back to school. I get dressed for the day and head to school. I make it to school and look for Autumn in first hour.

"Hey Autumn, can I talk to you?"

" Sure" Autumn gets up and follows me out of the room. I grab my backpack and hand her Anya's journal.

"This was Anya's. I got it two days before her birthday. Her mother brought to me and left. When you finish it hand it off and tell them what I told you. The last person to read it will tell me when they finish it. I have a plan for when call finish reading." At that I walk away.

For the rest of the day I didn't talk. I didn't smile. I didn't answer anything. I stayed numb. I talked to Harley but other than that I stayed away from others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm about to punch someone. Will everyone stop taking about Cole and how he didn't deserve to be suspended.

"Did you hear how everyone ganged up on Cole and beat him up for no reason?"

I turn around to see who said that and it was just some random people and Johnny. I walk over to the closest wall and punch it. Everyone jumped at the sound but everyone ignored it. I walk to the office and tell them I'll be in the gym for an hour or two. I asked then if they could get someone to take notes for me and to get me my homework if we had any. They agreed and I walked to the gym. The walls had two mats on the walls and some on the ground for the dance team. I walk over to the wall and start punching it.

"Why can't people just shut up!"

After an hour or two I walk out and head to my third hour class. I sit down in my seat and Autumn hands me my missed work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk to the old school and climb one of the fences. I get to Anya's locker and unlock it. I grab Anya's phone and shut her locker. I head home to do my homework and go to sleep.