Chapter 14: The Blood Doctor

Chao/ Shimura:

White walls surrounded me as I waited on a hospital bed for my weekly check-up. Apparently this one was important as the hospital got someone from America who had a quirk that could give everyone answers. Togata and Sick Might were with me, Togata smiling brightly like the psycho he is, and Sick Might was wringing his hands together.

My back was still sore from the flight here. It had taken so much concentration to stop myself from flying off and crashing into a wall that I had given myself a headache. Although I did manage to get here without falling and crashing which was a win for my face.

The door to the room slid open as the Doctor came in followed by a pink-haired woman with grey eyes. Her ears were pointed and some of her teeth were sharper than others as she gave a smile.

"Is this the girl?" she asked the doctor. He gave a simple nod. The woman's smile brightened as she walked towards the bed I was sitting on. "Hello, my name is Miku Furami, I'm a blood and quirk specialist from America. Do you mind if I take some of your blood?" That didn't sound like a very American name?

"Go ahead."

I hope this person can give some answers on how to remove the quirks in my body. I can't wait for this to be all over. Furami smiled. She brought one of her nails down onto the junction of my elbow and pricked the skin. The nail absorbed the blood turning it red. I watched curiously. What was this woman's quirk?

Furami smiled as she took her nail away and placed her hand over the small wound. She removed her hand after a few seconds before standing up and clicked her fingers. She tapped her nail that had my blood against an opposing nail on her other hand and spread the hands apart. A string of blood floated between the two nail beds. That's cool.

I looked at my blood in wonder as Furami clicked her tongue and twisted her fingers around. Before too long a white and gold dot appeared along the blood which made Furami furrow her brow. She looked over her shoulder towards the doctor.

"Do you have any of her blood from previous visits? Preferably when she had the episode?" she asked as the blood went back into her nail. The doctor nodded and quickly excused himself leaving the four of us alone.

"Excuse me Furami, but what is your quirk?" I asked. I was quite curious because I had never seen a quirk like that. Furami pulled a soft smile.

"I call it Blood Tell. I can absorb blood into my nails and find any diseases within the body. I can also find quirks. Back at home, I'm generally the one to figure out if a child is quirkless or not."

Blood Tell. That's quite a cool quirk to have. Better than having a pair of white wings on my back. At least hers can be useful for society and giving 100% confirmation if a kid is quirkless or not.

The Doctor came back with a vile of blood, which I assumed was mine from the quirk overload instance. Furami dipped a different nail into the blood and absorbed a small percentage before clicking her nails together once again. A string of blood once again appeared connecting the two nails however when Furami twisted her fingers around multiple coloured dots appeared.

She connected the other nail with my blood and sure enough, only one gold and white dot appeared. What did the dots mean?

"Are you sure this is the right person?"

What was that supposed to mean? The Doctor nodded as Furami sighed. She closed the blood string with the one-dot and focused on the blood string from the quirk overload.

"See all these dots," she said. Everybody nodded. "They're quirks. Now some are messing with her blood, but I can count around thirty active quirks." she closed that blood string and opened up the other one. "Here there's only one. Now quirks don't just disappear. This quirk was amongst the thirty but it's the only one still present."