Chapter 9: New Quirk

Chao/ Shimura:

I woke up to a pain in my chest every time I tried to breathe. I had a mask over my face that was forcing air into my lungs. What happened? Next, to me I could see Hado, Amajiki, Togata and All Might. All Might had a stack of papers and his usual creepy smile was nowhere to be seen.

The door to the room slammed open and a police officer along with a blonde-haired girl dressed up like a cat entered the room. The noise made me flinch as I groaned and turned my head. My breathing was returning to normal slowly, but I couldn't tell if that was because of the mask or me.

'What's wrong All Might, why did you call me?' asked the woman dressed as a blue cat. She had these big white cat paws and a blue and white striped tail. She looked over towards me, my eyes were half-open as I tried to suck in another breath. This one was deeper than the last one.

All Might took a seat next to a window and ran his hand over his face. Whatever was on those papers wasn't good news. A piercing pain shot up through my side and I groaned, a shallow breath leaving my lungs.

'You remember Catastrophe don't you Pixie-Bob?' All Might asked lowly. The policeman gave me a skeptical look. I could barely make out his outline as he walked over towards the bed and pointed at me. Probably to confirm if I was indeed the Villain Chao.

'Yeah, the pussy cats and I have had to save hundreds of people from their attacks. Wait that girl is Catastrophe?' Pixie-Bob shrieked. I saw her tail fluff up as she loomed over a sitting All Might. How she managed to fluff the tail up I had no idea, but a gasp of air escaped as I tried to let out a laugh.

'Before you go throwing blame look at this,' All Might thrust the papers into Pixie-Bobs hands. She looked through it quickly, flipping through page after page before she looked back at All Might.

'There are over a hundred different quirks on here, and why are some of them crossed out?' she asked.

'Hana Shimura aged twenty-two, however, lost four years due to her quirk, Regeneration, making her eighteen. Was a lab rat for All for One or so we thought. Look, Ragdoll's quirk on the list,' he pointed to one of the last pages and Pixie-Bobs eyes widened.

'What are you getting at?'

'The list has dates and times that quirks were implanted plus the crossed-out quirks, I think they were using her quirk to create duplicates of others,' the room was quiet apart from my ragged breathing. 'The device that was taken out it not only controlled her remotely but tracked the quirks inside her body until they could be harvested. By the looks of it, it takes two months for a quirk to manifest after it's been implanted.' Two months, that's how long I've been in UA for. All Might pinch the bridge of his nose and pointed towards my wings before pointing towards the paper. 'Best guess is those wings below to Hawks. It had a harvest sign next to it.' I took a strangled breath as All Might paused again. 'The device was keeping all the quirks dormant so they wouldn't overrun her body. Now over twenty quirks are activating, and her body can't handle it. It's tearing itself apart.'

The room was silent as I tried to take in another deep breath. So, I am going to die, finally some peace and retribution for all the damage that they made me cause. I'll miss UA though and the three nutjobs that tried to befriend me. Heroes will be heroes, I guess. I managed to smile into the mask before I closed my eyes, maybe this time I won't wake up. I'll miss you guys and your stupid smiles.

*

I woke up gasping for air. I looked around to see the room empty and it was dark outside. I clutched my throat, I thought All Might said my body was tearing itself apart. If so, then how am I breathing. Something moved beside me. It was wrapped up in one of my wings which was curled up like it was wounded. I unfolded the wing to see something that confused me.