He Just Wants A Hug

"Dad!" I could barely open up the front door and get inside my house as the boys crowded around me. I expected to see Minseo there with the boys, but instead I saw Taeyong's kid, Doyoung.

"Where's Seungmin?" Changbin asked, and I had to stop Jeongin from running out of the house.

"I'm actually bringing you guys to him while we wait for him to be released. So go get dressed." They quickly ran off to go get dressed so they could see their little brother faster, and Doyoung smiled at me from across the room.

"Where'd Minseo go?"

"She had to leave this morning so she could work, and the boys called my dad. I was in the area so he sent me here. I hope you don't mind."

"No, that's fine. I should have called and told her I was going to be longer than I hoped." I set Jeongin down on the floor so he could go get dressed, and Changbin came out to grab him.

"Minnie's okay?" Felix asked, coming out of his room with his shirt on backwards.

"We'll have to talk about Minnie all together. Let me fix your shirt." He held up his arms, and I quickly turned it around for him, having to do the same for Jeongin.

"Can we go now?" Minho questioned, his shoes already on as he stood by the door. He's usually one of the last ready.

"Yeah, get in the car. Do you need a ride anywhere or do you want to come with us?" Doyoung shook his head.

"My shift starts in thirty minutes, and it's not that far from here. I'll just walk." I looked and saw he already had his shoes on so he could leave once we left the house, and I made sure all my kids had left the house and were in the car.

"How's Seungminnie?" Jisung asked as soon as I sat down in the car, and I hesitated.

I didn't want them to completely shelter and baby him, but I also didn't want them to think he could just manage on his own for a while. I wasn't even sure how to prepare myself for this.

"Seungmin broke a part of his back, and now he can't exactly walk. Everything from the waist down, he can't move." I could hear Minho whisper something to Hyungjin, and I heard the younger smack him.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. Continue."

"So the, what are those things called?" Jisung asked, looking at his brother's for word help.

"A wheel chair?" Hyunjin answered, confused as to why the five year old couldn't remember the words that literally described the object.

"Yeah, that. He gets one of those?"

"Eventually. For now we'll just use a stroller." I pulled into the hospital parking lot, and we all got out. I grabbed the stroller from the trunk for when we leave, and Felix had to stop Jeongin from running across the parking lot.

The boys walked into the hospital surprisingly quiet, and they followed me down the hallways. Minho kept whispering something to Changbin, but the younger only ignored whatever he was saying. Hyunjin swayed on his feet, but I could see him pinching himself to stay awake. It doesn't look like anyone got much sleep.

"Hyungs!" Seungmin opened his arms, fully anticipating all the hugs he had to wait through the night for, and Lix gladly ran forward and gently gave him what he had asked for. I set the stroller in the corner of the room where it wouldn't fall since it was folded, and the boys all carefully hugged him. Jeongin and Felix ended up staying up on the bed with him, Lix's head rested on Seungmin's shoulder.

"I missed you." He mumbled, and Seungmin rested his head on top of Felix's.

"Me too."