The Reminder

[A/N: So after some consideration I've decided that my story will take place in and around season 1 but will be set in 2020 instead of 2008. Also Opie won't have kids, yet. I hope you all enjoy my story. XO Dani 🤍]

*Opie's POV*

I got home after another day of working at Teller-Morrow and doing club stuff, no more sawmill since Donna left. She couldn't stand the constant fighting we were having over money and bills. The last one was a few months ago, when she found some naked pictures I had gotten from this chick on my phone. She accused me of cheating and said she couldn't take it anymore. She packed her shit and was out the next day while I was at the mill. I unlocked my front door and walked into an empty house, better than coming home to another fight waiting to happen.

I wasn't pissed that she left, I actually felt free to do what I want and earn how I want and when I want. Croweaters were always down to do anything we asked so I was getting laid on the regular.

After eating and spending a few hours in front of the TV playing Grand Theft Auto 5 I finally showered and crashed.

**

*Danielle's POV*

I had just finished leaving the pharmacy I worked at when my phone started ringing. I fished it out of my purse and saw my mom's name on the screen.

"Hey Ma, how are you?"

"Hey baby, I just wanted to call and remind you about your grandmother's 90th birthday party this weekend."

"I didn't forget. I was just about to go home and pack then drive in tonight."

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow baby. Love you."

"Love you too mom."

We hung up as I climbed into my baby, my custom purple Hyundai Veloster. I started it up and headed home.

I went into my house and right to my bedroom. I pulled out suitcases, clothes and shoes. I folded everything that would fit in the suitcases and I put the dress I planned to wear into a garment bag.

After getting toiletries, makeup and other necessities together I finally changed out of my professional clothes that I wore in the pharmacy into more normal clothes.