homecoming

eddie slowly walked to his locker, his last lesson was math and who happily walks out of math? he opened his locker and a small note fell out, he knew exactly who it was because of the messy handwriting and terrible folding.
'ɱҽҽƚ ɱҽ ιɳ ƚԋҽ αυԃιƚσɾιυɱ x'

eddie playfully rolled his eyes and shoved the note into his pocket, as he was walking he saw all the posters and flyers being handed out for homecoming. he sighed as he remembered it was this friday and saw all the happy couples together, talking about what song they're gonna slow dance to and blah blah blah.

eddie finally reached the auditorium after running into bill and stan. he nervously opened the door and saw richie standing in the centre, with a sign.
"hi..?" eddie said quietly while laughing a little.
"hey," richie smiled.
"why does your sign say 'homecoming'? you know we can't go together.." eddie sighed sadly.
"yeah.. which is why..." richie flipped the sign over and it read 'at my house ;)'
"your an idiot, tozier." eddie said, his cheeks bright pink, as he ran up to richie and hugged him around his waist tightly.

~time skip to friday cause im lazy~

richie said to meet eddie outside the science corridor, as his last class was Mr Clarke's science and eddie was the next corridor along.

richie's pov

i smiled at eds as he walked over to me, ugh he's so pretty. richie shut up get your head in the game. sTOP SHAKING RICHARD.
"hey rich" eddie smiled at me.
"heyo eddie spaghetti." i smiled back.
"i have somewhere to take you before we go to mine." i smiled, feeling confident all of a sudden.
"okay, lead the way trashmouth." eddie beamed over at me as we walked out to get our bikes.

"what are you two lovebirds doing?" i hear stan shout over.
"y-yeah isn't is homecoming t-t.. tonight?" i hear bill after him.
"yep, and im taking eds somewhere because henry and his group of dicks would throw us to the ground." richie smiled invitingly.
"same with me and bill, i think ben and bev are going though." stan replied smiling at bill.
"w-well i hope you t-two have fun" bill nodded at us happily.
"you too, bye gays. i mean guys, yeah totally meant guys." eddie said progressively getting quieter.

we eventually got on our bikes and i lead the way. i was taking him somewhere i go alone a lot, i found it the other week and i knew it would be the perfect place to take eddie.

"there better not be any sewers, i swear to god."
"theres no sewers, eds." i say chuckling at him.
"how far is it?"
"about.. 10 minutes ride from herrreee" i stretched out.

when we finally arrived in the spot it was getting dark.
"it really is quiet around here." eddie said as i guided him through the trees.
"yeah, it should be just through here" i said nervously.

eddie's pov

"it should be just through here"
he pushed a tree branch out the way for me, i looked up and saw that he had decorated the small clearing with fairy lights and lanterns, blankets and there was a little radio by the side.
"richie, what the fuck? where did you get all this shit?" i said shocked, a smile on my face.
"your mom."
"for fuck sake."

there were flowers surrounding the lights and blankets, you could see the sunset clearly through a gap in the bushes. i didn't realise derry could be so pretty. i turn around and see richie putting a CD into the radio. i head 'every breath you take' start playing faintly.

"eds come here" richie said softly. i walked over to him and he started slow dancing with me.
"who taught you how to slow dance?" i laughed.
"i have my ways" he answered.
"you look so cute tonight, eds." he smiled widely.
"could say the same about you, tozier."

i felt him press his lips against mine softly, i smiled, he smiled too. we parted and pressed our foreheads together.
"i love you, trashmouth"
"i love you too eds, but me and your mom are very happy together."

word count: 710