Sigh, South, Demon, Night, Telephone*

Bonus: Spiky
09OCT19

*you only need to use three of these words.

Mid October, there's a chill in the air. Time to snuggle under heavy blankets with friends and watch horror movies all night long, but I'm alone this year after moving down south. Gathering junk food I nest on the couch settling in for a night of fright...

Sitting up I look around confused. The movies on and everything looks normal, but something woke me up. What was it?

'Ring ring'

On the coffee table, a beige brick rotary telephone. 'That's weird, I don't have a landline and have never used a rotary phone. How and why is it here?'

'Ring ring'
'Tap tap tap'

There's a man standing by my window looking in, deathly pale unmoving face, spiky hair going different directions, cell phone held to his ear, I went still.

"Answer the phone, " he moaned.

Sprinting from the room as the window broke I made it to the hall when another man's voice yelled from the room in front of me."WHAT THE HELL JASON!"

'What do I do now?'

"I'm just not good at this like you are Freddy, " Jason sighed.

'The stairs!'

"With that attitude, you won't be, " Freddy growled.

Getting to the top of the stairs unseen, I sneak a peek around the corner to the landing below. I see the men below talking in hushed tones. No! That one's not a man! He is a demon, and I would recognize him anywhere. Burned face, wearing a striped shirt, this was Freddy.

Running to the nearest room I ran to the window. 'This has to work, ' I prayed pushing it open. 'Please let this work, ' l plead swinging my legs out the window,.'There is no other way,' I tell myself as I watch the concrete rise to meet me.

Waking with a start I fling the blanket aside ready flee at a moment's notice. the TVs playing snow as white noise fills the room. The sky is gray, night is ending. I head to the kitchen for coffee before going outside to watch the sunrise.

'Ring ring'

A beige rotary phone on the porch railing sings a warning.

'Ring ring'

'Ring ring'