Heartbeat

Mommy who's this?" She asked, pointing to a group picture located in the middle of the photo album.

"May I see?" I held up the photograph from the page and tears clouded my sight.

It was a picture of seven boys from years ago.

Years ago...

They're the same seven boys I used to admire.

They're the same seven boys whose names I used to scream while chanting along other girls.

They are the same seven boys who taught me how to love myself.

They're the same seven boys I used dream me and them are the main characters in my own reality,

They're the same seven  boys who never knew I existed, but still loved me as their fan.

They're the reason why I chose not to give up on life.

Hot tears fell on the photo paper the more  I looked at their smiles.

"Mommy? Why are you crying?" A voice asked that snapped me back to reality.

"They... T-they are the reason why I chose to continue living my life, sweetheart. They... Are my idols, my best friends and once my happy pills." I replied, stuttering.

"Where are they now mommy?" That question made me stop. I don't know, maybe they are still musicians, or maybe they had moved on with their normal lives.

My loves, my bias/es,

The time has come for me to stop yelling your names together with fanchants,

The time has come for me to stop dreaming about you, the characters we are in my story,

And eventually, my hair will be silvery white,

My children will grow old,

My sight and hearing will be poor, and finally my memories will fade away.

But even if all that happens, my heartbeat will remain alive for the boys who made my dull life once colorful.

"They're in here, my baby." I uttered, pointing to my heart.

tɦaռҡ ʏօʊ ʄօʀ ɛʋɛʀʏtɦɨռɢ, ɮaռɢtaռ. saʟaռɢɦaɛʏօ, ʄօʀɛʋɛʀ.

--**--

Did you like the story?