Message in a Coral Tube (SciFi)

My planet is dying. The best theory we have is that some kind of mutated dark matter had infiltrated our atmosphere, but no one knows for sure. We've watched through our telescopes for years as other planets were infected and crumbled, the disease slowly heading our way. We've tried everything to stop it, but without knowing exactly what it was, it was impossible. It had infected us before we were even aware of it. We were consumed, and now everything is dying.

The little Nitrogen we have left in our atmosphere dries up more and more every day, making it nearly impossible to keep breathing. Many of us have developed Nitrogen masks to keep us alive, but those unlucky enough to not get their hands on one suffocated.

The numerous lava lakes spread throughout our planet, which prevent us from freezing in the below zero atmosphere, are rapidly cooling off, becoming nothing more than lakes of rock and hopelessness. What few species of animals we have are freezing; even my little pet wermer, who never needed anything more than his thick pelt, now needs a full sweater and knit socks for all six of his feet in order to survive. Our plants are shriveled, and the Howling Vines don't howl when they sway in the breeze anymore.

The dark matter has infected our planet to a devastating level, despite only arriving last moon. It travels at an alarming rate, and there's no way to stop it.

I'm sending this letter out in a coral tube hoping that it reaches somebody. If you're reading this, our planet is dying. Some kind of disease is running rampant throughout the galaxy, and affects planets in different ways. From what we've seen, planets with lava based environments (like mine) cool until it can no longer support us. Planets with a water based environment, however, seem to warm until all water has disappeared, even the strange hardened water some of them contain.

If you're reading this, be careful of the dark matter. Watch for it, and prepare for it, although you won't see it coming, and you won't be able to stop it. Be weary, dear reader - it may have already reached you.