CHAPTER-3

Chapter-3

"So this is it huh" Leo muttered

It's 6 in the morning. Issa is already clad in her uniform to go and her luggage is all packed and set in front of the door, to go.

Leo is here to take her to the base, where Issa will start her training or soon be sent to another base sanctioned to her.

"You are insuating, like it's our finale goodbye" Issa asked him

"Well it feels like one" Leo mumbled

"It's not like that and you know that too" Issa replied "beside it's not like you never see me or hear from me, you are not getting rid of me that soon"

"So you say" Leo muttered and eyed her luggage with disdain.

"oh c'mon" Issa muttered before she could elaborate much to his disagreement, a commotion drew her attention to itself and soon enough a little boy emerged from the back door of the house and bee lined up at her.

"Where are you going?" the eight year old asked Issa

"What are you doing here?" Issa asked at the same.

"I asked you first" the eight years old replied

"Who is older?" Issa asked

"Who is younger?" the eight year old countered back

"Don't be cheeky" Issa replied and bent to his level and asked again "why are you up so early?"

"I saw you with luggage and came down to see where are you going?" asked him

"Well somewhere" Issa replied

The young boy tilted his head to the side and asked "somewhere? Where?"

"Just somewhere, far away" Issa replied and soothed his bed hair and said "you will be good while I'm gone, won't you Cyril"

"Of course" Cyril replied in his innocence, not sensing the grave emotions brewing inside Issa heart "but, you will come back"

How could Issa reply to this question? When she herself doesn't know the answer for it? "One day" Issa croaked out and reached behind her neck to untie the only thing she had of her parents: a necklace with an angel pendant. She tied it around her brother's neck and with one last longing look Issa asked him to take care of it for her. "You going to protect this for me, right" asked him

"Yes I will" Cyril beamed and her heart soared for him, the only family who loved her and adored her "it will remind me of you" and babbled some more like how cool it is? How his friends in school are going to be so jealous of it and so on and forth.

"Ok, now it's time for me to go" Issa said and hugged her brother remembering his smell and those big beautiful eyes and that smile full of innocence and mischief.

"I'll wait for you" Cyril exclaimed a dagger to her heart and asked him to go into the house before someone spot them together and turned towards Leo and asked "let's go"

The whole journey to the local base they were quite lost in their own thoughts, lots of emotions and hurt was there, fear of losing and never coming back, a new beginning or destruction no one knew, so they kept their thoughts to each other. No sooner they reached the base and time for final goodbye came.

"So this is it, huh" Leo muttered

"you making it sound like I'm going forever" Issa replied smiling "I'll be in touch, sending you letters and calls, don't you worry I'll be there for you; it's not easy to get rid of me"