EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE:

"May the defendant please rise."

"On the account of second degree murder we find the defendant, Chasmine Lee guilty."

"Baby you shaking, was it anotha nightmare?"

I couldn't even get my words out. Loosing your mother and your father is horrible, I couldn't fathom hearing that my mother had stabbed my father fifteen times in the chest, killing him.

Most people will say that she got what she deserved with the life sentence, but my heart says otherwise. See that's my mother, she produced me. We were close more than close. We had unbreakable bond, and when she killed my father I couldn't praise her. I couldn't jump up and down because although my father cheated on her and Carter's mom, he was still a great father. Took some time for me to notice that but he was and like my therapist says, "he didn't deserve that."

He grabbed on to me in his rock, but soft chest making me feel like he was something more in my life than what he was right now.

Trenton, he is my boyfriend, been that for a year now and things are absolutely wonderful. He reminds me everyday of my first love, someone who I could never forget and u honestly believe that he's living through him. He reminds of Milo. Sometimes I have to close my eyes and say I can't believe your dating again, you betrayed Milo; but I didn't. I did what he would want me to do, he wouldn't want me moping around being lonely. He would want me living and that's something I know from my heart.

"Shh baby it's gone be good. I gotchu. I promise I ain' going nowhere."

I fell asleep like that in his arms.
The following morning I woke up in a great mood and decided to cook Trenton some breakfast.

I put the bacon in the pan on the stove and let it simmer as I got the butter out the fridge for the eggs, and at the exact same time my phone buzzed for an I coming call, when I seem who it was I smiled.

"Hello?"

"Hey auntie Ley!"

I smiled at the sound of my ladybug. My beautiful niece was my joy besides my brother and sister and brought hot to my eyes.

She was so pretty with brownskinn, curly brown hair like her mama, fat cheekbones like my brother, with very light brown eyes to fit her complexion.

"Wassup auntie baby?"

"Brooklyn please go see what's going on with daddy for me," I heard Flow in the background and chuckled.

Strong. Flow was, she always said I was but dealing with my brother and his child with his genes was something else.

Carter and I have developed a close relationship, so have me and Flow. Were close, the death of my father didn't change anything between us. It seemingly brought us closer.

"What your ass laughing at Haley?" I heard Flow bark through the phone and
Laughed again as I finished the eggs in the skillet and put the fire to a halt.

"You. You sound like you struggling or are you just nervous?"

I knew the reason why she could be nervous. I couldn't feel for her in this situation because I had never been through it but I could hear her out, completely knowing what she had been through with this same situation and it's been a long time coming.

"Struggling, not nervous, baby never that, and I know you not talking, me and your brother been trying to get you to talk to your mama for a year and a half now, don't you think it's time?"