Daylight

Taehyung POV

I sat there in my hard bed, which was the board set up, a thin mattress, and two thin sheets. I'd be lying if I said my butt wasn't in total pain. I had my legs up to my chest waiting for the small click on the other side. Anticipating my escape of this place. I had be shivering the whole night, I guess the man was truly cold blooded or he's just trying to kill me faster because as of right now I've lost all connections to my hands and feet. I cried all night trying to wiggle my toes, it felt as if they left me from the numbness I felt. It's like an illusion, I can see it but it's not real. Only they're real...

I think?

Are we real? What if it's all a game and we're just players waiting to be replaced what if-

Click

It was as if my body had regained energy with how quick I got under the sheets.
The person came in and stood over the bed from what I can tell by the shadow it was giving. I tried my best to call my breathing my heart thumping so loudly in my ears as I played the role, sleeping possum. I guess my act worked, foot steps retreating from my room, door shutting behind them. Slowly rising out of bed my first move was to grab my camera and make a run for it.

Feet quick but quiet, as I almost leaped past the livingroom,  tv loud enough to keep the man occupied. Tip toeing from one end to another until I reached the door, grabbing my coat and shoes, quickly opening the door and shimmying out- too afraid to open it too wide and expose the house to light. His sock soaked fro the cold snow, shutting the door ever so softly, before sitting down and putting on his shoes and coat.

He ran till the house was hidden by trees before letting out a squeal, Taehyung always loved outside. Rain, snow, sun, wind, never fazed him or set back his play time. If his father got a new show on tv he used it to his advantage to add a couple of minutes to play time. Checking his broken watch from time to time. The poor thing once belonged to his mother. Used to sit so prettily on her wrist, sparkling and ticking with so much life. Now its tick was faint but that never mattered to Tae, nor did it's cracked glass, or the dried blood that had seeped into the crack. It told time, did it's job. It was his mom's nothing new could ever tick the way this watch does.

                   ♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

I walked around till spotting my favorite place. Running with a new speed that I didn't have before. A smile making it's self known on my face, that was until I saw fluffy ball of hair? My run turned into a walk as I creeped closer. The it turned around looking for something. That was when I noticed it's features. Soft skin, light plump pink lips that seemed petal soft, furrowed eyebrows perfectly crafted, and those honey brown eyes that glistened golden brown right before they landed on me. A kid... Oh it's him

Jimin

The said kid lifted his arms and ran with great speed towards me. I flinched, feeling his warmth around me. What? A hug..?

I felt him pull back. He had one of the cutest smiles I've ever seen. I was speechless seeing how joyful he seemed. Returning the smile I picked up my camera taking a picture of his now embarrassed face. "NO! Oh my.. please dont keep that," he said covering his face. "I'm too ugly.." who told him that now? "No your pretty" I said smiling as I picked up a flower and placed it in his hair, "A pretty flower boy!" He looked down trying to hide his face from me. I walked over to my tree with a bounce in my step, noticing a plate of cookies.

"Oh those are yours" he said. I nodded taking a seat next to my tree.

Jimin's POV

I opened my notebook skimming the pages till ran across my picture of the prettiest flower I seen yesterday. It was supposed to be for him..but looking at it now made me realize how poorly I had drawn it. I grumbling I tore it out and crumpled it then tossed it aside before I took a seat next to Tae.

"So what's with the camera" I asked out of pure curiosity. He looked at me for a bit before smiling softly and looking down at it. "I don't know I just used it to take pictures of the prettiest things I see...they help me dream of a better world.." All I could think of doing was smiling at how cute that was. I ruffled his hair. "That's cool..I kind of do that too! I draw pretty things as well as things that just make me smile." Taehyung let out a small giggle picking up a cookie and munching on it.

Jimin enjoyed the boys' company, it made him feel like he could do somersaults for hours. "Hey, do you have a brother or sister?" "Nope, do you?" He set his half bitten cookie down, a light frown on his face, "what are you bored already? Am I not fun enough?" "Nah I was just hoping for more play buddies." Tae nodded and stood to his feet, dusting off his bottom. "We should play before it get close to noon, I can't be out past orange down." The eldest gave him a funny looking smile, hair falling to the side as his head tilted, "Orange down? Sun down?" He tried to make since of what the other said as he let out his own little laughs, the other confused. "What's wrong with orange down? Yellow ball falls down and the sky gets orange. Have you never seen that?" Jimin stood up as well, patting himself clean. "No no I mean, yes I have seen the colors of the sky but it's called sun down, the yellow ball is the sun. I think sundown is a cool name though!" Tae snickered and scrunched up his nose, "Only losers say sun down and you and I shall not be losers today!" They held hands leaving their cookies and valuable activities behind running though the bushes, their legs having light scratches, the two too energized to care.
                             ☼
They bounced around in circles, two ferocious dinosaurs stomping amongst the empty jungle they called their own. What was to be just high grass now their own tropical forests. Low to the ground as they 'discovered' and named insects or what Taehyung liked to call "intepedes'. Why? Don't ask Jimin it was quite odd but this is the place they called Tinie world. Letters spelled out in the dirt. In front of their  tree where they rested their feet, now declared second home.

They ended their play time with smiles, and empty plate, with their head at the roots of their tree. "Taehyung you're odd, but funny" Jimin said with his signature eye smile, he himself way too happy with how the day turned out. "Jimin you're oddly normal" He said with the toothiest, goofy grin he gave today. The two laughed and cleaned up, hugging and going their separate ways once again. Although Taehyung was not gonna be happy with the surprise he had in his pocket.

______________________

Well guys I wasn't gonna update this to be honest but this was in my drafts for the longest and I felt bad after seeing many who care about this book so I'll try my best not to procrastinate so much and keep up with the book
I hope I didn't make you guys wait too long-💔
Love you all