Chapter eleven

JORDYN

A couple weeks went by before I finally had the courage to tell Auba everything that had happened with Dele. He teased me playfully, as I'd expected, smug in the fact that he'd 'told me so!'

"But you know what you two are awful at is communication," he told me.

"You don't say," I rolled my eyes.

"I'm serious, Jord, you needed to finish your conversation from just before you left. If Kyle hadn't interrupted, maybe things would be different now."

I sighed.

"Maybe. But don't blame Kyle, he's been the only one helping me through all this, and he doesn't even know the full story. I've only told you that."

Auba gave me a look.

"What are you trying to say?" He asked.

"What do I do?" I raised my hands. "I can't tell what he's thinking, and I don't want to get hurt."

"Talk to him!" Said Auba. "That's the only way you'll know."

"I can't," I whined.

"You can't? Why not?"

"I just... I don't know, I'm just scared of what will happen."

"If he's worth it, you'll do it," the Gabonese stated. "If he's not, then just forget about him."

"Hmm," I frowned. "Okay. I'll try. But after the cup game."

"That's still weeks away!" Auba chuckled. "Procrastination won't help you at all, you know."

"I know," I stated. "Shh, you. I'll do it when I'm ready."

~.~.~.~

November arrived, and with it, the City game at the Etihad. As we'd planned, I spent the day out with Kyle in Manchester. We didn't really do a whole lot, aside from shopping, and taking pictures with fans who approached us, but it was nice to get out and spend some time together away from football. We took a few ridiculous photos of ourselves as well, one of which was the two of us trying on outrageous pairs of sunglasses, which I ended up posting on Instagram, mainly because Kyle looked crazier than I did.

"Anything more happen with Dele?" He asked.

I groaned.

"Not you too. That's all I've had from Auba for a month."

Kyle grinned.

"I'm glad you talked to Auba about it. Did you tell him about your dad?"

"I did," I nodded.

"Are you gonna talk to him?"

"Who? My dad, or Del?"

"Both, ideally," Kyle shrugged.

"I told Auba I'd talk to Dele after our cup game, you know they play us in the FA Cup this round? Since Auba practically bullied me into it, I'll have to talk to him then."

"Remind me to pat him on the back for managing to bully you at all, Jord," he laughed.

I rolled my eyes.
"Shut up."

"And your dad?" He asked, looking at me curiously.

I shook my head, frowning.

"I'm not ready for that," I said. "I get why you think I should, but I just can't, Kyle. Maybe one day, but not now. Not whilst I have so much going on already."