Carolyn POV

Cautiously, the girl stepped forward. Her foot rested upon the clear surface, as the voice drew her closer. Forgetting her fear of the water, she jumped forward. The waves held her above as she followed the sound that had been calling to her for so long...

And that's when the lightning hit. But instead of running away, she ran to it

"Whatcha reading?" Asked Hermione, and I jumped.

"Don't sneak up on me like that! This is a really good book..." I answered.

Hermione smiled. "I got the first few chapters of Shafts of Light copied down. What should I do with them?" I had left her with the task with writing it down, for after all, it was her story.

I shrugged. "I don't know. Probably somewhere close, so we don't forget it."

She gives me a look of mock suprise. "Us? Forget something? Wherever did you get that idea?"

I laughed softly, before turning my attention back to the book.

But instead of running away, she ran to it, sensing a strange presence within. As she grew closer to the center of the raging storm, the calling became stronger, the presence becoming even more clear.

Suddenly, she felt herself being lifted into the air. Looking around, she saw two misty arms holding her. But the biggest shock came when she looked up to see

That was all I read before I heard Hermione setting something beside me. I picked it up, and saw that it was a book of all of the various herbs that grew here. Immediately, I started looking through it. There was no way that I was going to be here without knowing every single herb and its uses. According to what I had heard, I had been interested in this type of thing since I was very young. Many had been impressed with my ability, and back at Hogwarts, I had become one of the main medics.

Hogwarts. I wondered if we were ever going to get back. But I knew that I couldn't leave without answering all of the questions I had about this place, even though I realized that it would probably take quite a while, considering how many I had.

I placed the two books in my bag, for further reading and study in my room. Maybe tomorrow would be the day I started getting the slightest clue of where we were.

Meh. Probably not. Our lives are far too complicated to work that way.