Arwen POV

So, these were the newcomers. Can't say that I wasn't a bit surprised, and judging by the looks on their faces, they were too.

There were two of them, and it was quite obvious that they were related. The first one looked a bit younger than I was, and maybe a bit shorter. She had bushy brown hair, and the same color eyes. The one beside her looked very similar, only younger. I still couldn't help feeling like they reminded me of something...but what?

I shook it off. I needed to find out who these two were...

"I am Arwen, Lady of Rivendell" I told them. "And you are..."

The older one stepped forward. "I am Hermione, and this is my sister, Carolyn." she said. I noticed she was quite confident-unlike Carolyn, who seemed to be shrinking back. Yet curiosity gleamed in her eyes, as well as a mixture of wonder and fear.

"You like climbing trees?" I asked, and Carolyn seemed to perk up a bit. Both her and Hermione nodded enthusiastically, making me smile.

"Come on, I'll give you a your of the place" I said. Carolyn and Hermione looked at each other for a minute, but then began to follow me.

"Have fun!" Eophis called, before she walked off.

I took the sisters all through Rivendell, leading them to the Sky Oak-the biggest and oldest tree we had. I looked at them, but they were too busy staring at it to notice.

Carolyn looked expectantly at me, and I nodded. "Go right ahead" I told her. Almost immediately, she launched herself into the tree, quickly making her way up. Hermione followed, climbing up with equal speed. I have to say, their agility was impressive. And they were human...

No, that couldn't be. There was no possible way that these two were humans. How could they be, when they were so much like the elves?

Impossible.

A victorious cry suddenly sounded from the top of the Sky Oak. I looked up to see-

Carolyn had reached the top already?

Like I said, impossible.

Carolyn quickly went into a leaf-covered area, and I couldn't see her anymore. However, I'm pretty sure that was a contented sigh I heard.

Peace? Tranquility? Like that's gonna last long...