College

Chapter Cuatro

Sitting on the bus while listening to tacky old Spanish song at 10 in the night while avoiding eye contact with Amon wasn't how I thought my day would go. My cheeks still red due to the close position me and Amon was in, but that wasn't the worst part the worst was getting a text from your parents saying that they were home, waiting.

I looked beside me at Amon while silently cursing the situation. He had a worried look on his face seeing my pale face, but he too turned frightened when I told him my parents are home. He suddenly was becoming white which was pretty weird since he was impossibly tanned. "Jeez, pineapples is hell really that hot?", I thought. "No Liliana wrong time to think this", my self conscious responded. I shook my head and slapped myself, again.

Now here we are outside my house while I paced back and forth trying to think of a plan on what to do while Amon was busy being fascinated by a firefly.

"Come on Amon stop playing around and help me", I whispered shout. He stopped chasing the firefly and gave me a timid look while scratching the back of his neck, honestly speaking I melted internally, I mean who wouldn't look at him. Rawr.

"Sorry, yes I will help you", he replied. He sat down on the steps leading towards my house. I followed his lead and sat beside him, I calculated an approximate of a 3 cm between us.

"How about you said that I'm a friend at school, and my parents are away and they forgot to give me the house keys, so you offer me to stay with you", he suggested while looking at the starry sky. I thought it through and honestly, it wasn't a bad idea.

I released a shaky breath and knocked on the door since I forgot my keys, while Amon took my other hand and squeezed it. I think I saw Jesus, till my mother opened the door with an annoyed look then I saw Satan.

Now here we are sitting down in the living room, mom and dad sitting side by side opposite me while Amon is sitting beside me. After I explained to my parents the situation, they surprisingly agreed to it. After a little late-night snack and a shower, I'm cuddled up under the cover ready to sleep while Amon was sleeping below me.

"Um Amon since tomorrow is a school day and I need to go to school what would you do at home?", I questioned while turning my body so that I'm facing him. He had his right hand behind his head while he was wearing a white tank top and some sweatpants, apparently, he brought some clothes which I never knew. "Since you never bother to ask", I thought. True, he turned his head to look at me and gave me a warm smile.

"Well, I was actually thinking of joining college actually. Thinking about majoring in History", he shrugged his shoulders while telling me this. I raised my eyebrows at him while thinking "Holy Mary's pineapple he wants to major in history, HISTORY"

"Wait let me get this straight you want to major in history? Why?", I question while I propped myself up on my right elbow. Amon scooted up and propped himself up against the wall. He turned his head towards her and chuckled at my disgusted look, his laugh was deep and husky it made me feel things I shouldn't.

"Well I have been here for a long time and I know basically a to z about the history of the earth and all that jazz. Besides, I'm really intrigued about how humans think history is actually about" he answered while folding his arms across his chest. I let out a little yawn and looked at the clock above my room door, it read 11:30 in the night.

"Go to sleep sunshine, we will talk more tomorrow", he lay down and faced me. I yawned again and lay down too, I muttered a silent "goodnight" that he too replied back.

"I don't understand how people in this century listen to this type of music", Amon glared at the radio that was playing a Taylor Swift song. It was now the next day at 8 am in the morning, college doesn't start in another hour but since this is Amon's first day it's going to take some time to register him and all.

"I honestly don't know how you don't like music, it's a great way to pass time" I shrugged my while taking the next exit. Amon still looked at me with disgust and the whole journey decided to just look out the window.

I had just parked my car near the school and it still didn't look like anything was new. I turned to Amon who had magically had a pair of sunglasses on his eyes? I shook my head and decided to start walking and Amon was hot on my heels. Making a few turns here and there, we had finally reached the main office that looks as depressing as ever. As we enter I almost slap myself when I forgot the most important information.

"What in Mary's pineapple is your last name", I whispered shout. Amon looked at me with big round eyes his mouth opening and closing like a fish.

"I don't know", he whispered back. I pinched the skin between my eyebrows and glared at him.

"What do you mean you don't know", now I was actually shouting. Students passing by gave us weirded out looks, I will too if I saw two lunatic people arguing over a last name outside of the office.

I was passing back and forth for about 5 minutes until I saw my red-headed friend, Melissa. I waved my hand while shouting her name, luckily she was alone. Amon looked at me weirdly and glanced at the approaching Melisa, all the colour drained from his face. When she approached us she suddenly stopped a few feet away from us and muttered Amon's name slowly and lowly.

Amon refused to make eye contact with her and kept holding on to my hand, wait did I say he was holding my hand. I looked down toward our intertwined fingers and kept muttering "Holy Mary's Pineapple", but enough about that let's get into the real problem.

"Hey Melisa so good to see you I would introduce you to Amon but it seems like you guys know each other", still no eye contact.

"Well actually we are in a little pineapple, Amon doesn't have a last name and it's basically mandatory to have a last name so that he can register here. Can you help, please", I begged. Throughout the whole plea, Amon has been squeezing my hand making butterflies irrupt in my stomach. Mellisa sighed while looking at our intertwined fingers. She whipped out her phone typed some stuff in.

"Nahum", she replied after some time. "What?", I question. Mellisa replied with a rolling her eyes, keeping her phone and turning around ready to walk away.

"We all don't keep secrets", then she walked away.

I'm sitting in the coffee shop near the campus waiting for Amon to come. After some time he came, the little bell above the door ringing signalling his arrival. Girls sitting or standing taking glances and giggling with their friends over the hunk of a man in their close premises. I rolled my eyes due to their childish behaviour, "oh shut the pineapple up you are just jealous", I didn't reply back to myself.

Amon came and sat opposite me ordering a large cappuccino with whip cream. "Good choice", I thought before he could have the chance to open his mouth I interrupted him, "tell me everything" while giving him the death glare. This is going to be a long talk.

Author's Note

What up tiny pineapples it's a Christmas miracle and it's not even December. Two updates in a week, what. So yeah I have a lot of free time now so that's why you would see more updates than normal. So that will be all see you in the next chapter. Bye.

-K