Welcome Ceremony

WELCOME CEREMONY

Greetings in the Lord Brothers and Sisters in Christ! Welcome to the House of Christian Fellowship which is also the Tent of Meeting. It is our joy that God has kept you safe all throughout your journey. And so let us pray to thank the Lord for His goodness. May we request Sister Lot Mallare to lead the opening prayer.

OPENING PRAYER (Repentance/Thanksgiving for the safe arrival, ) : LOT MALLARE

Shanley: Psalm 87

1 He has founded his city on the holy mountain.
2 The Lord loves the gates of Zion
more than all the other dwellings of Jacob.

3 Glorious things are said of you,
city of God:[]
4 "I will record Rahab[] and Babylon
among those who acknowledge me-
Philistia too, and Tyre, along with Cush[]-
and will say, 'This one was born in Zion.'"[]
5 Indeed, of Zion it will be said,
"This one and that one were born in her,
and the Most High himself will establish her."
6 The Lord will write in the register of the peoples:
"This one was born in Zion."

7 As they make music they will sing,
"All my fountains are in you."

OPENING SONG: OCEANS

OPENING PRAYER: Lot Mallare

WORD OF GODJHEN: A reading from the Letter of Paul to the Romans 16:1-16:Personal Greetings

16 I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a deacon[][] of the church in Cenchreae. 2 I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of his people and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been the benefactor of many people, including me.

3 Greet Priscilla[] and Aquila, my co-workers in Christ Jesus. 4 They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them.

5 Greet also the church that meets at their house.

Greet my dear friend Epenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in the province of Asia.

6 Greet Mary, who worked very hard for you.

7 Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow Jews who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among[] the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.

8 Greet Ampliatus, my dear friend in the Lord.

9 Greet Urbanus, our co-worker in Christ, and my dear friend Stachys.

10 Greet Apelles, whose fidelity to Christ has stood the test.

Greet those who belong to the household of Aristobulus.

11 Greet Herodion, my fellow Jew.

Greet those in the household of Narcissus who are in the Lord.

12 Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa, those women who work hard in the Lord.

Greet my dear friend Persis, another woman who has worked very hard in the Lord.

13 Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me, too.

14 Greet Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermes, Patrobas, Hermas and the other brothers and sisters with them.

15 Greet Philologus, Julia, Nereus and his sister, and Olympas and all the Lord's people who are with them.

16 Greet one another with a holy kiss.

All the churches of Christ send greetings.

The Word of the Lord.

Amen. Praise be to God.

Pastor Ren: The instruction that we have received is in accordance to the Holy Word of God. As much as possible, we would like everyone to greet each other with a Holy Kiss on the cheek as what a true family would do for a brother or a sister. However, we encourage everyone to welcome each other in a manner that you are most comfortable with. A Holy Kiss, a big hug, or a handshake, you may do so. So let us go around and greet each other a warm welcome. Let us say to each other, "Thanks be to God you're here."

Blessing:

Requesting the Elders of the Church from Iloilo please come forward.

(CHURCH MEMBERS extend their hands in blessing over the guests.)

Let us also celebrate the birthday of one of our sisters, Alyssa...

O wondrous God, you are never far away. Again and again, you reveal your presence among us. Look with favor on our children who have arrived in Your house. Their presence have opened our eyes to the mystery of your love and grace. Like our ancestors in the bible, we receive these brothers and sisters through the fellowship of table: food, drink stories and sharing.

Lord, from today, we commit this gathering to You. We stand on Your truth on Proverbs 16:3 that if we commit everything we do to You, you will establish our plans. And so in Jesus name, we lift up to You this gathering Oh Lord.

And Lord, as we welcome Your children in Your house, fill our hearts with joyous anticipation that everything will be done according to Your will. Through them may we participate in the companionship which mirrors the relationship between you and your people. As Abraham and Sarah were visited by your angels, we too have felt your presence through each other.

Thank you Lord that You have blessed these holy pilgrims with safety in their travels. We pray Lord that together we may have wonderful adventures in your good world, warm welcome from all we meet and a happy return home when that time comes. May all we touch witness the wonder of Your Presence.

Bless us, O Lord of Hosts, for you became a guest to reveal the truth of your faithful love. We ask this in the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

CLOSING SONG:

LET US SEE