This Calls For a Proper Introduction

(Panic! reference, anyone...?)

A bit uneasily, I was sitting around my round table, and these skeletons—not exactly the Knights I had always wished would sit here with me—weren't acting very politely or quietly.

One of them was demanding everything I had from my cupboards and threatening to kill me if I dared poison any of it (chunk missing from skull). Another was twirling around a sharpened bone in their hand, staring at me like they wanted to swallow my soul (hood up). Two were trying to converse about their situation, but while one of them was trying to speak in a low tone (paintbrush), the other was almost yelling without seeming to mean to (tiny).

"Okay, look," I began loudly, standing up from the table and putting my palms on it, leaning forward. "I know you guys are anxious about this whole situation, but as spooky voice lady (Destiny) told us all, it's going to be a couple months before I can get you guys home."

I made a point to look into every pair of sockets, some of which were looking at me angrily and defiantly, while others were silently guilty.

"So now, we are calmly and quietly going to introduce ourselves, so that things don't get complicated and so I don't have to call y'all Things 1 through 8. M'kay?"

I straightened, and put on my most friendly smile. "Hi, my name's Y/N. But you can called me Reader. ...'Cause I like to read."

I could almost hear the crickets chirping, but I did notice that some faces turned a bit shocked at my sudden switch of personality.

"Um..."—my anxiety kicked into gear—"I guess that's it about me...who wants to go next?"

Paintbrush dude raised his hand, waving it eagerly, along with tiny cutie.

With a genuine grin this time, I pointed at the tiny cutie. "How about you?"

"HELLO, MISS HUMAN!" he shouted energetically.

I winced in pity of my eardrums.

"Hello!" I replied with fake enthusiasm. My anxiety was still silently eating away at me, not quite finished with its meal. "What would your name be?"

"WELL, TECHNICALLY, I'M FROM UNDERSWAP, BUT MY FRIENDS CALL ME BLUE!"

I tilted my head, flashing him a smile and wondering what he meant by being from 'Underswap.' "Like the berry? Could I call you Blueberry? You look like a blueberry. Small and sweet and most importantly, blue! I rather like blueberries. Not only are they my favorite color, but they're much sweeter than blackberries. They're one of the sweetest berries out there!"

I giggled, before realizing that I was rambling. My stomach churned, but before my face could show anything, I put up my happy front and cleared my throat. "Sorry, I was rambling. I just go on tangents sometimes. Is that okay with you, though?"

His face was a bit blue—maybe that's blushing for them?—and he stammered, "S-SURE!"

I grinned. "Good! How about you?" I looked at paintbrush guy.

"i'm ink!" he answered cheerfully, twitching in his seat. "i like all kinds of artistry, but mostly the kinds that involve drawing! i basically just really like creating!"

I nodded in approval. "Nice. Anyone else want to go?" I surveyed the group.

Basically silence.

I scowled, facepalming. "Great. I got a bunch of mutes forced into my home."

I pointed at destiny guy, then commanded, "You go, then."

His (brow) furrowed, then he sighed, shrugging. "sure. name's classic. i like ketchup."