Chapter 1: Malicious Buttercup

Hello, lovely Readers! Welcome to the first chapter of Amnesia!

Recap: This is where I will be leaving little summaries of previous chapters, in the future.
Warnings: Panic Attacks.
I'm normally pretty conservative with warnings, saving it for things like extreme violence and smut, but I'll do my best with these.
Acronyms: There won't be any this chapter.

Enjoy the chapter!

————————————

You shot up, gasping in shock and alarm. What... what happened? Where were you?

Your eyes darted around the unfamiliar room,b drinking in your surroundings as your heart thundered in your chest. There was soft light drifting down to where you were, the glow puddling around a bed of golden flowers that you were currently sitting on. Glancing up, you could see rocky walls fading into the distance, with a small pinprick of light far up. Strange, it seemed like the light should be much fainter after traveling such a far distance. You glanced down at the golden flowers again. It almost seemed like they were amplifying the dim light, maybe with some sort of bioluminescence. The calm scenery helped you calm down, your heartbeat slowly returning to normal.

Your eyebrows furrowed. Where had that word come from? Bioluminescence. You remember what it means, but not how you know...

Come to think of it, you were blanking on a lot of other things. Like how you got here. How to get out. What your name was.

You started to hyperventilate, wrapping your arms around your knees and pulling them closer to your chest so that you were in a little ball, rocking back and forth. Your chest hurt, like a giant block of stone was resting on it. You kept blinking, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to spill down your face. One single, terrifying question beat against your skull, making your head hurt.

Why didn't you remember anything?

You weren't sure how long you spent on that flower bed, rocking back and forth with tears trailing down your cheeks, but it felt like a millennium until you had calmed down enough to uncurl from your ball and rub at your salty cheeks, a few soft sobs still escaping your throat.

A small, pained smile worked its way onto your lips as you stood. Your head hurt from trying to remember, and the bright—albeit soft—light wasn't helping any.

Rubbing your temples, you took a few steps away from the flowers and their light, away from the cliff faces and their tiny pinprick of light, and into the cool darkness. The floor was a smooth gray stone, to smooth to be natural.

Now that your eyes had begun to adjust to the dim lighting away from the yellow flowers, you could make out an archway leading towards an adjoining room. It was made out of a dull purple that stood out against the dark gray of the surrounding stone, giving it a mystical look. At the top of the archway, was a peculiar symbol, of three triangles flanked by something resembling feathery wings. Like a bird or an angel.

Shaking your head, you added the symbol to the growing list of things you didn't know and walked into the next room. It was made of the same smooth, uniform stone as the last one, broken only by a small flower bed, overgrown and unkempt. All but one of the golden flowers had succumbed to the mass of weeds.

Stepping closer to the bed, you feel pity blossom in your chest. It was a shame that so many beautiful flowers had been overgrown by weeds, leaving the final all alone. The flower's soft yellow petals tilted towards you, making you freeze in your tracks.

Nestled between the petals was a face.

It blinked at you, the flower's mouth broadening into a smile as it spoke. "Howdy! I'm Flowey. Flowey the Flower."