1. The Basement of The Gold Kat

I don't tell this story from the beginning of my life. I tell it from the beginning of my life in hierarchy.
A life I didn't know I would be apart of but quickly was.

It started with two men. Johnny was the king. Jack was the prince brother. And I was the fool who would love them both.

But before that, I was a dancer.

It was a regular night and then Johnny and Jack came in. They weren't alone, they had others with them. But both of their eyes had glued to me when I started.
I never bragged but yeah, I was good. Some called it euphoric.
I just called it Saturday night.

"Quite a show.." A voice said after I had finished and made my way to the bar. I looked over and saw a face I would soon recognize anywhere.
I smirked, "thank you." I turned back to the bar and asked the bartender Tony for a whiskey.
Suddenly the man next to me put money down.
"Thanks but I can buy my own drink." I said, annoyance becoming more apparent.
"I don't doubt that." He said, "Tony, I got it."
I grabbed my drink and sipped it as I sat at the bar, still aware of the man next to me. "How many nights do you work here?" He asked.
"Whenever I feel like dancing.. How many nights do you go out trying to pick up women?"
I heard him laugh, I didn't bother to look over.

"Dance with me." He said.

A few seconds after the jazz singer had taken the stage and began her melodic sounds.
I looked over at him, "that's pretty forward for someone who doesn't know me."
His eyes looked right into me, they were beautiful. "I've never been afraid of what I don't know." He said.

I don't even know why I got up and entertained the idea of anything more with him.
But I did. And I didn't know there would be more. Much more.

He put one hand on my waist and the other grabbed my hand. He looked at me and I finally looked back.

"Maybe I should know your name, angel." He said.

I smirked, "Kira.. Now maybe I should know yours.."

"Johnny." He had a nice smile, one I would fall in love with.
One I would grow to learn meant many things to different people.

His focus was on me but I could tell his brain was thinking a lot of things.
"You shouldn't be working here.." He said softly, "if you want.. I can show you what it's like to be free.. to be in heaven." He said.
I would have laughed but the look in his eyes and the sound of his voice told me he wasn't kidding.

Before I could even say anything, we were interrupted.
"Johnny, we gotta go.." A man said. He had come over but he looked over at me like it was hypnotic and he smiled, "hi.. I'm—"

"This is my brother... Jack." Johnny interrupted.

"We saw you when we came in.. He snatched you up first.." Jack laughed.

I smiled at him, "no.. he didn't."

Johnny leaned closer to me and put his lips by my ear, "this is where you can find us." he said handing me a card that said The Gold Kat and a number written underneath.

I didn't want to find them later or at a different time. I wanted to know Jack, who had come over in a less arrogant way than Johnny. I wanted to see some excitement for a night.
"Let me come with you now.." I said.

He raised his brows and smiled, "yeah? You wanna come?" Johnny asked. I nodded and really didn't know what this life I walked in to was like.
I say 'life' because it wasn't just for a night like I had thought it would be. From then on, I was with them for good. The second I met them, I was in it.

From the moment I left the club, I was almost never without one or the other.
They both took a liking to me right away. But Johnny was set on having me to himself. It was in his blood to get whatever he wanted. And he did.

Johnny and Jack we're brothers who sold PCP. Angel Dust. They made millions in their early stages for selling the only kind that somehow wasn't dangerous. They also sold a good amount of Cocaine. But Angel Dust was their specialty.

That night we went to The Gold Kat. It was club where elite drug dealers and other people of importance spent their time. And Johnny owned it.

"So you're like... loaded with money?" I asked, trying to figure out what his life was like. We were alone in a downstairs office.

He nodded, "you can say that.."

I furrowed my brows and scoffed, "you know, you can just tell me straight out if you're a 40 something looking for sex with a 20 something.."
He smirked at me, "cause I won't have sex with you but I know people that would.." I said.
He shook his head, "I didn't bring you here for sex.. although I wouldn't decline if you offered." He said going to the back of his desk.
"Well what is this? I don't understand.. I don't take drugs and I don't drink.. You saw me dancing and usually people mistake that for escorting or something." I said.
He shook his head, "I guess you're not far off.. I want you to be my.. companion. You can live in my house.. I'll pay for anything you want. You can live like the rich do.. But you would be with me.."
"Like your girlfriend? Why? You have no luck with women?" I laughed.
He shrugged, "I have a lot of luck with women.. but I chose you. This could be a business relationship or a real one.. but I bet you can tell which would be better."

I sat quietly for a second. This would be better than struggling. But I would be going into his life blind. I had no idea what it would be like.

"I don't offer this to anyone.. Just you." He said.

I nodded, "okay."

"Okay?"

"I can do that.." I agreed.

He came over to where I sat and kneeled down in front of me. "Good." He smiled and put his lips against mine.
I guess that was his way of sealing the deal for my new reality.