Graduation

Night:

Eren’s POV

Everyone stood steady, locked in their place. Silently breathing, as Commander Shadis paced himself in front of our formation. It was our graduation ceremony...though it felt like we were about to get sent through the ringer.

It's crazy once I think about how much I went through, how much we all went through for the past three years. I swear I can still feel the tare in my muscles from the intense training.

Y/n and Mikasa are fifteen, and they already have a six pack! Honestly, they work out way to much. I wouldn't be surprised if they both ended up in the top ten tonight, they are both the strongest in the Cadet Corps.

Shadis: “Tonight you maggots are no longer maggots! You are flies; who will either make a home in the Military Police, or will buzz around to inevitably be swatted down by the Titans!”

“I know I'm not getting killed by any Titans. They won't even have the chance!”

Y/n: “That's a rude thing to say!”

Y/n stood behind me clearly frustrated by Commander Shadis’ words. “Don’t pay him any attention Y/n, after we leave the corp. we’ll rarely see him.” I whispered back to Y/n quietly, hoping that Shadis doesn't catch us chatting.

Shadis: “Alright! Now for the top 10 cadets!”

★Shadis’ POV

“Y/n Fritz!”

“Mikasa Ackerman!”

“Reiner Braun!”

“Annie Leonhardt!”

“Eren Jaeger!”

“Sasha Braus!”

“Connie Springer!”

“Christa Lenz!”

“Jean Kirschtein!”

“Bertholdt Hoover!”

“These cadets over the course of three years have shown the most promise out of all of you!, But let me worn all of you. Your training will amount to nothing if you can't apply what you learned in the field! DO YOU UNDERSTAND!”

104th Cadet Corp.: “SIR YES SIR!”

“DISMISSED!”

★Mikasa’s POV:

Mess Hall-

Y/n: “Mika! We graduated!”

Y/n ran up to me kissing me deeply in front of everyone. Her arms wrapped around my neck while I welcomed the embrace. “I know I was there”

Y/n: “Where’s Eren and Armin?”

“They’re over there talking to Connie and Marco.”

Y/n: “Great I actually have something I want to give you guys, but I have to go back to the barracks to get them.”

“Ok, but what is it?”

Y/n: “I can’t tell you! It wouldn't be much of a gift if I told you.”

She ran out of the Mess Hall when Eren and Armin walked up to me. When I looked at them, Armin had this face of satisfaction while Eren’s face showed massive overconfidence.

Armin: “Hey Mikasa! Where's Y/n?”

“She said she was going back to the barracks to get gifts for us.”

Eren: “Awesome! I wonder what it is...”

“I do to, I asked her but she wouldn't tell me. She just ran away after I asked.”

Armin: “It wouldn't be much of a gift if she did.”

“That’s the same thing she said.” I smile at the similarity between Armin and Y/n. It proves just how close they are to each other, I bet Armin has Y/n to thank for training with him.

Jean: “Yo! Mika!”

“Don’t call me that... only Y/n calls me that.”

Jean: “I-I thought it was your nickname!?”

Eren: “Dude, just don't.”

Connie: “Anyway... So what regiment are you guys joining?”

Eren: “The Scout Regiment of course!”

“I really don't care where I go. As long as I get to be with Y/n, and protect Eren and Armin.”

Jean: “What are you stupid!?”

Eren: “WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!?”

Jean: “I called you stupid! You all want to fight on the front lines. Your gonna get yourselves killed!”

Eren: “We’re not going to die! I'm gonna go out there and see what's beyond these walls! I'm not going to be like you guys, content with staying in their cage!”

Eren storms out the Mess Hall, “Eren!” I chased after him to suddenly run in to Y/n again.

Y/n: “Mika, what's going on? What's wrong with Eren?”

“Let’s just say that he got into a heated discussion with Jean.”

Y/n: “Again!? Those two are always going at each other's throats. What was it about this time?”

“I’ll tell you while we look for Eren.”

Thirty minutes later...

Y/n and I find Eren sitting on steps near the homes in the Market District, Armin sitting next to him trying his best comfort him.

Y/n: “Hey Eren! You ok? Mika told me what happened between you and Jean. If you need me to knock out some teeth Just let me know  I'll be ready!”

Eren: “haha! No, I'll let you know if I do need someone beat up.”

Armin: “Oh! That reminds me... Didn't you say that you wanted to give us something?”

Y/n: “Yeah that's right! I almost forgot!”

Y/n quickly dug out her sketchbook from the bag that she was carrying. “Are you showing us new drawings?”

Y/n: “Well I'm giving you new drawings. I thought these would be great to commemorate us graduating”

She pulls out three drawings of the four of us together smiling like there were no cares in the world. Every inch of the drawing beautifully detailed showing the love put into it.

Armin: “Wow!”

Eren: “Damn!”

“This is beautiful Y/n I love it!”

Y/n: “Th-thanks! I actually have one more gift for you Mika.”

She takes my hand to take me someplace away from Armin and Eren. Though I already know that they wouldn't give up the chance to snoop on us, they tend to do it all the time.

Lights start popping on along the street, making it seem like the universe was in on
Y/n’s plan.

Y/n: “Um, this is by no means a proposal- I mean not that I don't want to propose to you. It-it’s just we’re to young an-!”

“just show me the gift Y/n”

“She's adorable when she's nervous.”

Y/n: “Oh-ok...”

She pulls out a small box with a steel ring inside. It's carved into what looks like to be two threads locking together. On the the inside of the ring engraved:

'for the one who stole my
Heart. I will love you always
and forever.'

Tears started flowing down my face, “What did I do to deserve you?” she answered.

Y/n: “I should be asking you that!”