Did You Forget?

I was at the camp fire sat next to Thalia and some of my siblings. Most of the campers came up to me to welcome me back except Rachel, who I didn't want to greet at all, and some of the new camper who didn't know me.

Everyone was sat in rows looking in one direction at the stage that was made. Many of the Apollo children entertained by singing. However, there were some campers from other cabins that sang as well.

Selena told everyone that there was going to be a special person singing next so told everyone to take a 5 minute break. I sat there wondering who this person was, when I was yanked by my arm behind the stage curtains.

"What the hell" I shouted at Selena.

"It's you" she said

"Huh? What's me, what are you talking about?"

"The surprise" she said with a duh expression

I looked at her confused, which was unusual for a daughter of Athena, before she explained to me that I had to sing on the stage in front of everyone.

"No...No no no... I am definitely not singing in front of the whole camp"

"Please... pretty please with a cherry on top"

"No...I'm not doing it"

Selena starting getting annoyed. "Annabeth I'm a daughter of Aphrodite, don't make me use my charmspeak" 

"You wouldn't and couldn't use that on me Selena and you know it" i sassed back 

"Annabeth" she whined. "Please i'm going to look like a fool in front of everybody if i don't find somebody to sing" 

 "Well just get one of the Apollo kid to do it. I'm sure they're more then willing do it for you"

  Selena started getting annoyed. "Annabeth i said it was going to be a surprise guest. they're normal , they always sing... You know Annabeth i can make your love life hard, really hard. I'm a daughter of Aphrodite after all" she smirked 

I know you must think that i'm Annabeth Chase so i shouldn't be  scared of anything, which i'm not. Apart from spiders obviously, like every other Athena child. But looking at  Selena's face when she said that made me a little ... i'm afraid to admit it... nervous. Knowing i had no way out of it i gave in.  

"Fine." I said annoyed and a little scared at what an Aphrodite child can do.

"Thank you thank you thank you" she squealed

"Not like my love life is already hard" i mumbled to myself hoping she didn't hear me. However i knew she did when she looked at me with sympathy in her eyes and a small sad smile on her face. 

She ran up on stage before I could say her anything else. I mean come on, she only just told me now and I don't even know what song I'm going to sing. As I made my way on stage after Selena introduced me, she walked off but not before whispering words of encouragement  into my ear.

"Don't worry, you'll be great" she reassured me.

As the music began to play i realised what song I was going to sing. How did Selena choose a song that fit my problem so well? Maybe it's an Aphrodite thing, I don't know.

When I looked up I could see everyone eyes trained on me. With a quick glance I could see Rachel glaring at me and Percy looking at me dreamily which quickly disappeared, maybe I was just seeing things. I looked at Selena giving me a reassuring nod and began to sing

Did you forget
That i was even alive,
Did you forget
Everything we ever had
Did you forget
Did you forget about me

Did you regret (did you regret)
Ever standing by my side
Did you forget (did you forget)
What we were feeling inside
Now I'm left to forget about us

But somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it

So now I guess
This is where we have to stand
Did you regret
Ever holding my hand
Never again
Please don't forget
Don't forget

We had it all
We were just about to fall
Even more in love
Than we were before
I won't forget
I won't forget about us

But somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it
(Electric Guitars Come In Loudly)
Somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it
At all
(Electric guitars stop playing)

And at last
All the pictures had been burned
All the past its just a lesson that we've learned
I won't forget,
Please don't forget us

Somewhere we went wrong
our love was like a song
But you won't sing along
you've forgotten
about us
(whisper)
don't forget

Throughout the song my eyes were trained on anything but Percy. I could feel him looking at me intensely throughout the song but didn't dare look. When I finished my eyes captured his, staring into sea-green one as they stared right back at me. Suddenly, an uproar or cheering and clapping was hear, bringing me back to reality.

I awkwardly waved and smiled thanking everyone and made my way down the stage. As I passed Selena she congratulated me whispering  "I saw that" she winked and quickly headed on stage. As the sing along carried on more campers joined in singing and dancing and before I knew it, it was time for curfew.

I lay on my bed in my cabin thinking about everything and anything. Frustrated that I couldn't go to sleep, I made my way to the beach. I know...I'm a daughter of Athena and my peace place is the sea. As I sat there I recalled everything that happened between me and Percy. So deep in thought I didn't realize that someone was behind me.

"Annabeth" a familiar voice said

I whirled around to see .....