Prologue: The Knife

Third person

There was a gloved hand in the darkness, and it held a knife.

The knife had a handle of polished black bone, and a blade finer and sharper than any razor. If it sliced you, you might not even know you had been cut, at least not immediately.

The had done almost everything it had been brought to that house to do, and both the blade and handle were slick with blood.

Corpses; Two to be exact and a third was about to be made. The third being a small child age of  about six years sleeping peacefully with absolutely no prior knowledge of the fifteen year old male standing above her and the deeds the male had done. The teen sighed and looked away as he plunged the knife into the child's chest where her heart had been beating only seconds before.

Just after leaving the house the teen left a printed note pinned to the door by a single kunai. The letter read 'I'm sorry I don't want to be in this line of work but as I have said before I can't get a different job plus me and my sibling have to survive. ~Xero'

To share in its hazards he had quite dreaded the dawn which might usher in dull news of more death and another note from this anonymous 'Xero'. Only one thought came to the raven haired and onyx eyed male ' Why would they give minor details?' and stayed in the back of his mind even as he went to sleep that night and when he awoke the next morning.

*******

A/N: Hey everyone Lyra or Lazareth here and I hope you enjoyed the prologue to 'Slick With Blood'. Now that I've finished writing the prologue I can properly start the fanfiction. I really hope you enjoy this fic because I've seen the lack of criminal!Ed or criminal!Roy in fanfics, fanart, and several other areas of the fandom which honestly sucks because personally I like the criminal AU's but people only tend to go with the most popular themes which can get pretty boring sometimes so I'm going to try and have cliffhangers, slight spoilers and some other crazy stuff; So everyone can sit back, relax, and enjoy (if you want).