Chapter 2: Love Interests and Answers

Ed's POV
I knew I were crying and I knew why I were crying but I refused to believe it. 'He loves me... He fucking loves me and I'm hurting him...' I thought as I choked out a sob "Dammit Colonel..." I whispered into his clothed chest as tears continued to slowly slip down my cheeks and land on the Colonels already soaked undershirt. "Dammit all!" I shouted making the Colonel jump a little before I pulled him onto my lap so that he was straddling me and I watched as his face turned a vibrant shade of pink.

"F-Fullmetal? What are you doing?" He asked startled as he covered his face with his hands. He seemed embarrassed but it didn't matter to me at that precise moment in time because all I cared about was making sure his heart stopped aching for me and that he understood that even if I could I wouldn't go back in time and change what I had done because it was a crucial part of making sure me, Al, Winry and Granny Pinako survived.

"Mustang look at me right now..." I said sternly as I gently pulled his hands from his face and staring directly into his eyes as I stated "Even if I was given the chance to go back in time Roy I wouldn't and you need to understand that because what I did in my past was a crucial part to making sure that me, Al, Winry and Granny Pinako survived and even now I still have to do what I can to make sure we survive."

When I finished speaking Roy looked slightly taken aback. Then again he wouldn't expect something like that especially from me of all people. "Either way it shouldn't matter!" I said directing a bitter glare towards the floor with a light unnoticeable blush spreading across my cheeks. However, the bitter glare soon turned into a soft but unintentionally sad smile as I sighed.

Eventually, I looked up at him again and said "There's something I need to talk to you and the others who are working on the 'X' case and I need to talk to you all now especially while Alphonse isn't here."