Chapter 1: Suspicions and Unanswered Questions

Roy's POV

I've been confused for months now especially since that anonymous assassin who goes by the name 'Xero' came along and made a huge puzzle and only giving minor details about them self as well as why they're doing what they're doing. There's also little to no evidence left behind; Then there's the pattern they assassinate their targets with. Oh and you can't forget the way the corpses are found; That being the arms crossed over each other in an 'X' on the victims chest. I personally think the reason behind the 'X' on the victims chest is because it represents the first letter of the assassins code name 'Xero' but the other members on my team think it has a meaning much deeper than first thought.

On top of all that FullMetal seems to know more than he's letting on about this 'Xero' character but won't say anything more than what 'Xero's' notes and minor details mean but every once in awhile he'll give extra details like when he mentioned the assassins kill pattern of night then day then night again and the murders being 1 or 2 weeks apart. My first thought on this was 'Maybe FullMetal knows who it is but doesn't want them to be arrested?'; My second being 'If that is the case, then how does he know the assassin?' My third and final thought was 'What if FullMetal is the assassin or one of his family members -that we don't know- are the assassin?'.

However, what surprised me the most is when FullMetals brother -Alphonse-  try's to stop him from helping by saying 'Brother you know you don't have to help them I'm sure they can figure it out on their own.' and to be honest I would be worried if it was Alphonse who was the assassin but then again it would make absolutely no sense as he is one of the sweetest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting plus he is extremely noticeable as he is a 7 foot tall suit of armor. So who - wait it could be someone closer to the military than Alphonse. Great, now that I've thought of that I have to be careful who I trust.

Although, there was only one question that continued to circulate through my mind. That one question being 'Who can I trust?' it just stuck in the back of my mind no matter how many times I tried to clear it; That was until FullMetal slammed the door open -which caused my head to snap up and look at him- and snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Hey FullMetal." I sighed "Mornin' Colonel." He said looking at me with a toothy grin and walking over to me with his brother in tow as he gently placed his report -of his most recent mission- down on my desk the Lieutenant opened the door and walked in with a slight smirk on her face holding a stack of (what I assume is) paperwork. As I sigh she places the small pile on the already enormous stack "Why me?" I asked her as FullMetal sat down chuckling quietly. "Cause the Fuhrer's a dick?" He asked with a smirk but as I looked into his eyes I could tell something was wrong but chose not to say anything with the Lieutenant in the room.

However, when she left I asked him "Hey, what's wrong FullMetal?" I watched as he froze in shock, I listened to his breath as it hitched in his throat, I watched as his eyes widened and his eyebrows furrowed. I watched as his face contorted into an expression of shock, sadness, pain, worry, and possible fear before he softly said "I have a past that I'm not proud of... A past in which I can't escape... No matter how hard I try. A past that is my present and will definitely be my future." I must have looked so shocked because he looked at me with a sad smile -that literally no one could beat-. So I stood up, walked over to him, and gently wrapped my arms around him it was as if I hugged him tightly he would instantly shatter into meager pieces. At the time I really hadn't realized it but I had definitely fallen for Edward and I had fallen hard. Heck it hurt to see him so upset and to say the least it made my heart ache just knowing how much he had been hurting on the inside and I definitely hadn't realized that Ed was crying until I felt the warm drops of the liquid soak through my shirt.

*******

A/N: The next chapter should be up soon apologies for not getting anything out for a while I've been having major writers block.