SoKai/Slight!SoRiku: Memories (SOME GAMES SPOILERS!)

(A/N: Post-KH3 and Adult! Kairi and Riku. NOTE: This is not a part 2 of Denial, although it may seem like it. Italics are memories.)

*~*

"The one who was with Riku and me all the time-we would play together on that island. His voice always used to be there...but now it's gone. I can't think of his face, or his name. I feel awful about it."

*~*

Kairi still came back to the Paopu tree after all these years of waiting. All these years of hoping. But he never came back.

Who is he, exactly?

Sora, a boy with brown hair and blue eyes who fought Xehanort in the Keyblade War, and he helped many people throughout his journeys. And then...he sacrificed himself to save her.

But at least she still had her memories.

Sora sat up with a yawn, and he decided to continue sleeping. So he laid back down until he saw Kairi blocking his view of the sky. 

*~*

"Woah!" He sat up. "Gimme a break, Kairi."

Kairi giggled. "Sora, you lazy bum."

*~*

Her memory was interrupted by Riku sitting next to her. "Hey."

She looked at him. "I miss Sora..."

"I know." He remembered even more things due to his Replica.

(I kinda figured Riku has the RepRiku's memories, soo...)

*~*

Sora ran into the room, Donald and Goofy closing the door behind him. He turned around and locked the door. Then he turned back and looked at Replica Riku. "You okay, Riku?"

"Not Riku. I'm a fake." It was true-he was just a puppet, nothing more.

"I can't remember  why I was created or where or when...All that's inside of me is memories of you and Namine. But I know those memories are not real."

Goofy asked Namine about fixing Riku's memories. "Well, I-"

Riku cut her off. "It's all right. I'll deal." He walked away.

"Wait!" 

He stopped. Some part of him wanted to hear what Sora had to say. The other part wanted to leave and act like nothing happened.

"Who cares if someone created you? You are you and nobody else. You have your own heart inside you. Those feelings and memories are yours and yours alone. They're special!" (A/N: Sora should've told Xion that.)

"Sora, you're a good guy." He turned around to look at him. "I don't have to be real to see how real your feelings are. That's good enough." He walked away.

Sora called after him, but he left.

*~*

Riku sighed and turned to face Kairi. "Let's go." 

She sighed and jumped off the ledge with Riku following her. They walked along the shoreline.

"Hey, Riku?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you wanna hang out? Like in the old days?"

"Sure." 

Kairi took off running, Riku following close behind.

"Sora...Thank you for everything."

(A/N: May do a part 2. WHY ARE ALL MY SOKAI ONESHOTS SO DEPRESSING?! Anyway, have a great day/night!)

(A/N: Edit Oct. 18, 2019: This will only have one part.)

(A/N: Edit October 30, 2019: I'll add more scenes in here later.)