I care || J.A

⚠️warning⚠️ suicide mention if your sensitive to that don't read it

I stood at the end of the bridge ready to jump. I looked behind me at all the cars not even bothering to stop. They didn't care. Just like he didn't care.

He didn't care. If he did care he wouldn't have kissed her. He wouldn't have blown me off all those times to go hang out with her. He wouldn't have lied to me and told me he was hanging out with his friends when he was really going to hang out with her.

I was the one who cared. I was the one texting him to make sure he was ok. I was the one who waited up at 2 am for him.

If he really cared I wouldn't have had to find out he cheated through his friends. I always knew I wasn't enough for him. I secretly always knew he was cheating. I just never wanted to believe it.

So here I am. Ready to take my own life because of him.

"Y/N"
"Y/N stop"
I closed my eyes. I took one foot off. Stepping forward preparing to hit the ground. I opened my eyes only to be looking into another pair. Jack. Jack Avery. The only one who ever talked to me anymore. I broke down. I hugged him and let everything out.
"I'm so so-so-sorry jack"
"Shhh it's ok. I'm here"

Hair wet. Clothes soaking. Him holding me on the side of the highway. Cheer stained cheeks. But he didn't care. He didn't care that I my worst. He didn't care what anyone thought when they drove past us. He kept holding me. Eventually I ran out of energy. My tears stopped. He slowly got up and carried me to his car. He softly set me down in the passenger seat. He got in on the other side. He looked at me.

"Why Y/N"
"I couldn't handle it anymore. He never cared about me. And I was too stupid to leave him. I didn't want to believe what everyone was telling me. He never cared Jack. And he never will"
"Y/N"

He softly intertwined our hands

"I care"