5.

1. I've decided to continue this story whoop whoop
2. This is quite short, sorry
3. I'm finally done with my exams so i have a week and a half of sitting on my ass all day ahead of me and i'm definitely excited about it

• • •

Colby's hands are trembling — quite literally shaking like leaves — as his fingers graze the button of the camera.

It has only been a month and a half since his return on Youtube, and a few days since the last video he's posted, yet he is already filming his upcoming one.

And it is not just any kind of video.

He doesn't really know what has spurred him to do it, he also is not sure to know why Sam has been so quick to agree.

After all, it is not like they are hiding the fact that they are dating, obviously, but they blatantly talk about it only on rare occasions. They are comfortable with the fact when they are with friends, but in front of the whole world ? That's another story. Their loyal fans know, though they have lost some after the official coming-out, which the boys think it is for the better — why would they want people to follow them if said people could not accept them for who they are ?

Colby is nervous nonetheless. A hand gently captures his and gently tugs him away from the object of his inner torment. It is Sam, obviously, and the blonde quickly notices the look of distress in his boyfriend's eyes.

"We don't have to do this today," Sam mutters softly, cupping Colby's face with his free one. "Or ever, if you don't feel like it."

Colby glances at the camera and worries at his bottom lip, unaware of the sympathetic smile that has taken place on Sam's face. He does not want to push Colby to do something he isn't down for.

When Colby's attention focuses back on Sam, however, the apprehensive glint in his eyes has morphed into a spark of determination. He covers Sam's hand with his own, tangles their fingers together and presses a tender kiss to the blonde's wrist.

"I want to," He assures. "With you by my side, I don't care about the rest."

Sam's smile widens and woah, Colby finds himself falling deeper in love with him every time the blonde's face lights up.

"I'm here," Sam mutters before slipping his arms around Colby's waist. He pulls him closer, holds him tighter, breathes in the smell he has grown so accustomed to.

"You're here," Colby confirms. "Let's do it."

They nod, seemingly in sync, and take their seats on the couch, but not before Colby turns the camera on. He makes sure that his phone is on the coffee table before them, runs a hand through his hair and does the same to Sam, naturally, before he fully turns to the camera.

And after taking a big breath, he begins.

"What's up guys, it's Colby Brock here, welcome back to my channel and today I'm here with..." He trails as he dramatically gestures towards Sam.

"I'm Kyle," The other says with a wave, causing Colby to shake his head while suppressing a smile.

"He's Kyle," He repeats, clearly amused, and then moves on to introducing the video. "This video is going to be the video that you have all been waiting for," He introduces in a dramatic tone, though he feels more nervous than thrilled. He is excited, of course, to see the response to the video, but still, saying his next words fills his chest with a bubble of fear, "If you don't know yet, Sam and I are dating."

He is torn between feeling awkward and appeased; being this open is such a foreign feeling.

But he can do it, he convinces himself, he will not be ashamed of who is or who he loves.

"And todayyyyy," He drags out, "We are finally doing the Boyfriend Tag !"

• • •

Sam's jumbled up thoughts can barely assess the gravity of the situation.

At first, it was not that bad. Actually, to be quite frank, it was all going so smoothly the couple had trouble believing it was real.

The playful chaos surrounding him is a futile attempt at distracting him.

The group of friends is scattered around Sam and Colby's living room, a movie playing on the television, one that they have watched one too many times. Jake is sprawled out across the main couch, head laying by Corey's thigh while the man is all snuggled up with Devyn. Elton is not far, feet propped up on the coffee table (Sam has scolded him for the bad habit, but a man never listens), and Sam and Colby are sitting in the corner of the couch, Colby curled up in the blonde's lap, munching on popcorn that he keeps stealing from Elton.

"Everything okay ?" Colby mutters to Sam after noticing how the other is zoning out, again.

Sam mutely nods and Colby grabs a piece of pop-corn before bumping it against Sam's lips, beaming when the blonde's face breaks into a grin.

"Finally, grumpy ass," Colby teases, causing Sam to roll his eyes. "I can tell something's bothering you," He says as his eyes fall onto Sam's phone.

He has noticed that Sam keeps checking it, yet ignores it whenever he is put on the spot. But Colby can see it, can see how Sam's phone is blowing up with notifications and it makes him scared to check his own. The internet is a scary place, it reunites many positive things but the negative ones usually cancel it out.

Colby's gaze is an invitation, it is encouraging Sam to talk, but the latter kindly ignores the wordless request.

Sam's grip tightens around Colby's waist. "I'm fine, babe," He whispers, pulling his boyfriend closer and pressing his cheek to the top of Colby's head.

A sigh erupts from the brunet, a clear sign that he does not believe it, but he does not want to ruin the moment. Their friends are laughing, commenting on the movie, therefore he remains silent and moves his gaze back to the television.

They will talk when they're alone.