Chapter 4: Utterly Hopeless Tips For Effective Job Hunt 101

"KARA! DONT SLEEP TODAY OFF AS WELL FOR HEAVEN's SAKE! Ugh..." Eva said as she put on her shoes to head to work for the day. Kara's eyes flinch as the morning light from the side window hits her, the burning sun rays giving a headstart to her sleepy body as it hits her skin.

"Ngh...Alright! I'm awake so you may go in peace, Child." Kara said jocularly with a chuckle. Eva rolled her eyes and stated a 'goodbye' as she shut the door behind her. Kara heaved a satisfied sigh as a thought hits her.

"Wait. Did I job hunt yesterday? Did I? Did I not? Hmmm...NAH I GUESS NOT, TIME TO JOB HUNT TODAY." Kara said as she headed to the bathroom with an energetic leap in her steps.

---

"Jobs jobs everywhere, but no jobs for me~" She sings her newly created song as she goes through the job vacancies site...once again.

"Man, this Deja Vu feeling is getting stronger! I can swear I have seen the exact thing somewhere before! It feels so strange..." She said to herself as she stopped scrolling and went wide-eyed as she knew why.

"WAIT. MAYBE MY PAST LIFE DID THE SAME EXACT THING! No, it won't be the case, there were no laptops if we are talking about past life. pfft, whatever." She chuckled as she proceeded to apply for whatever seems eye-catching.

*BEEP!!*    *BEEP!!*

Her phone started to vibrate a little violently. Before she could attend her call, another call overlaps it, and another and another.

"The holy fuck is happening?? STOP YOU, DAMN SPAMMERS, UGH WHAT'S HAPPENING??" She screamed as she kept tapping on the call button that finally landed on a random call.

"Hello?" Kara said in a quite aggressive tone.

"Oh yes! Mademoiselle~ Thank you so much for sending your job application to us! Our current dancer resigned yesterday and we can't afford to not perform today so please come soon, the guest's ar-"

"WOAH WOAH WOAH NOW, HOLD THE HECK UP. NOW, what on earth are you even talking about, dancer? job application? guests? what? can you please be more specific here?"

"We are calling from Honey Paradise dear Mademoiselle! We are on the east side of the city, Yesterday you have sent us a job application regarding that you are okay with any job as long as you are paid 15k a month and WE GUARANTEE YOU THAT YOU WOULD EVEN GET A RAISE IF YOU POLE DANCE WITH OUR LATEST RIPPED BIKINI WITH A 20K FOR YOUR PERFORMANCE-"

"OH MOM? MOM, WHAT HAPPENED? OH MY GOODNESS IM SORRY BUT MY MOM JUST GOT A HEART ATTACK, I HAVE TO GET HER TO THE HOSPITAL NOW, SHE HAS SUCH A WEAK HEART, IM SORRY ILL HAVE TO TURN DOWN THE OFFER BYE-"

"Mademoiselle WAIT! WE DONT HAVE ANYONE ELSE BUT YO-"

*CLICK*

Kara hangs up after her unbelievably believable lie she made up as everything that happened yesterday slowly comes together like pieces of an unsolved puzzle. Hopefully this time, she knew what the answer was for her strange 'DEJA VU'. She finally realizes she already did a job hunt yesterday, but that doesn't stop her phone from ringing rapidly as it keeps on overlapping calls one after the other. She takes a deep breath and then finally comes to a decision.

"Okay. This is a problem I created and I have to deal with this once and for all. Every phone call is worth 15k worth of the job, so the next call I pick, will for sure be my job and there is no compromise. Yup, That's it." She declares to herself as she randomly accepted a phone call and put it on speakers, her legs folded as her knees touch her chin, her hand fidgeting in nervousness.